Map Volume/Pan Level to OUT 1- 4 Controls

bread

Power User
I'm not sure if this can be done already, at least I haven't seen a way of doing this yet.

Here is my current setup ...

I have the Axe FX3 OUT 1 going to FOH, echo'd to OUT 2 (internally in the config) which goes to my rack mixer channel 1. The mixer outputs go into the stereo input of my IEMs so I can control my guitar level in my IEMs via channel 1 of my mixer independently of the FOH.

The desk sends me my mix of all the band except my guitars which goes into Channel 2 of my mixer, so now I can control my guitar and the rest of the band separately and very easily by just turning the two level controls (for guitar and band) on the mixer.

Is it possible that I could run the band mix (without guitars) into INPUT 3 of the Axe FX and then assign OUT 3 to a VOLUME/PAN block level modifier so I can get rid of the mixer and instead use the front panel OUT 3 control ?

I can use OUT4 of the Axe FX as the overall level of OUT2 and OUT3 going to my IEM rack - and then get rid of the mixer completely from my rack ?

Thanks !
Bread

the Output Knobs are tied to the Output Volume of each Output. those can't be reassigned.

you can use the Perform Pages to assign other controls to the A-E knobs.

the Output Knobs are tied to the Output Volume of each Output. those can't be reassigned.

Yeah that's what I thought, Chris. Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the A-E knobs already, just thought I would see if anyone else has come up with a solution for this or if de-coupling the OUT 1-4 Knobs to enable them to be re-mapped to a modifier would be viable .... I live in hope :)

If I could use the Inputs 2, 3 and 4 and Outputs 2, 3 and 4 as controllers from the mixer block this would be even better.

Last edited:

Hi Chris,

I think I've cracked it

I've taken a feed off the last block in the chain (before OUT1) that goes into MIXER 1

I have INPUT3 going to a second MIXER block which is the feed the desk will give me for the rest of the band mix

Both Mixer block outputs go into OUT4

In Global Performance Mode I've mapped Mixer 1 level to the ABCDE for guitars, Mixer 2 level to ABCDE for the rest of the mix and OUT4 level to another ABCDE to act as a master volume, with the output if OUT4 going to the stereo input of my Sennheiser IEMs.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.56.58.png

Back
Top Bottom