Map to Scene

rnjscooter

Power User
Hey everyone, so for weeks I have been wanting to get educated on how I can get my presets to default to scene 4. Scene 4 is my main rhythm scene. I studied on Wiki and a thread by Yek, but I am still stuck. I am not sure if I have to do anything on the MFC itself, I monkeyed w Global preset on or off or bak, etc.... But in the "I/O menu } Midi" this is where I believe the work begins. I changed mapping mode to custom, and map to scene to 4, thinking ok all my presets will default to scene 4. Well, it does........ sort of....... It does on preset 1, on all other presets default to scene 1. Clearly i am missing some stupid step to finish the process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Why not just make Scene 1 your main rhythm scene?? It'd be simpler than heavily customizing the MFC & AFX to interact that way?

Just curious on the specific reasoning or use case for this in a live scenario? Thanks!

well for as long as I have been making presets on Pedalboards I always go left to right, from clean to crunch to lead etc...... its what I have always done. I know there is a way, and that Cliff has a solution, I am just missing a step

You have to map every preset you want to in the Axe midi menu. Scroll through the presets in the MAP FROM PRESET row.

or change the order of the scenes to left to right in the MfC

well for as long as I have been making presets on Pedalboards I always go left to right, from clean to crunch to lead etc......

I gotcha, most my presets are the same way in scenes. Start off 1: clean/no effect, 2: clean/effect, 3: rhythm/no effect, 4: rhythm/effect, 5: SHRED YOUR FACE OFF GTFO OF MY WAY! Just curious mate thanks for the clarification.

Looks like Hubertus came to the rescue!

You have to map every preset you want to in the Axe midi menu. Scroll through the presets in the MAP FROM PRESET row.

oh, I did not try that, I will check it out when I am back home. Thx Hubertus!

You meant change my order in the preset, not "in" the mfc correct? I haven't seen anything like that in the setup or midi menu of the mfc

You can also change the order in each preset, but it may probably be easier to assign scene 4 to IA switch 1 , scene 3 to IA switch 2...
On the MFC Edit--> Midi --> Page right 7x --> scroll through the Axe Fx functions to the desired scene for each IA switch (Manual 5.1.1)

Ya, i get that, however it doesn't solve my desire to have it automatically go to scene 4 when i switch presets in the mfc, or in axe edit.

ok I spent 30 sec while flying out the door. As soon as I scrolled from 0 to anything in the MAP FROM PREST, both MAP TO PRESET and MAP TO SCENE followed suit. they all went to whatever number I scrolled to in MAP FROM SCENE. grrr. Ok will try again when I get back

thx!

Ya, i get that, however it doesn't solve my desire to have it automatically go to scene 4 when i switch presets in the mfc, or in axe edit.

You can still use the custom mapping for each preset but in the long run i would recommend sorting the scenes with #1 as your main scene

ok I spent 30 sec while flying out the door. As soon as I scrolled from 0 to anything in the MAP FROM PREST, both MAP TO PRESET and MAP TO SCENE followed suit. they all went to whatever number I scrolled to in MAP FROM SCENE. grrr. Ok will try again when I get back

thx!

When you scroll through MAP FROM PRESET both of them should follow suit, as you can (or have to) assign a different mapping to each preset. As default MAP TO PRESET displays the preset # of MAP FROM PRESET, MAP TO SCENE defaults to 1

ok, not home yet, but I am not sure yet about the difference between map FROM and map TO preset. Can you elaborate?

When you scroll through MAP FROM PRESET both of them should follow suit, as you can (or have to) assign a different mapping to each preset. As default MAP TO PRESET displays the preset # of MAP FROM PRESET, MAP TO SCENE defaults to 1

Hubertus, thanks you so much. I made it happen! Although I WISH it would also run in line with the axe edit. The axe edit which I use all the time still defaults to scene 1. But thats a small price to pay

Then I turned REVERT TO PRESET on. Oh ya that is a major find:eagerness:

You wouldn't happen to know what ignore redundant pc means would ya? I read a few threads, didn't understand. Better yet, I am so.... ANAL....... that I really want to know what every setup and midi page and parameter does. Many I don't know and there is very little reading on it. I did stumble across how to make all my red lights turn off on the mcc. Now only green:)

Back
Top Bottom