Managing 1000's of IRs - I need a strategy

vspinner

I must have 5000 or more iR's but I couldn't tell what 98% of them sound like, due to lack of a good workflow, and the ability to get all of them in one place to audition efficiently.

what is your strategy?

I essentially gave up, I probably have 100,000 files from over the years and never had auditioned half of them. The factory IR assortment in the III covers 99% of what I’ve need and they are all right there and accessible, plus you can easily blend them too.

I think for me the days of a hard drive full of Ir’s, buying new packs all the time etc, is over and done with

I must have 5000 or more iR's but I couldn't tell what 98% of them sound like, due to lack of a good workflow, and the ability to get all of them in one place to audition efficiently.

what is your strategy?
What kind of cabinets do you prefer for your amps. If you like Marshall cabs with greenback speakers then you can limit your search to those types of IRs.

I can't even imagine the time to audition all of them. Even just pulling it in isn't enough, because you'd want to spend some time trying different settings getting it dialed in. How else would you know if it was "the one."

I get an hour or two on any given night to do anything with guitars or the Axe. It would take me years to get through a big stack.

Ownhammer puts IR files into folders going from brighter to darker.

So my “strategy” was to pick a few darker single mic IRs for 3 cabinets that I’d use in real life and never return to the subject.

What kind of cabinets do you prefer for your amps. If you like Marshall cabs with greenback speakers then you can limit your search to those types of IRs.

I am still in the discovery phase of tone hacking so I am checking out many combinations.

Back
Top Bottom