• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Man still using Line 6 amp to be tried as an adult

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
If we are ever in trouble with justice, we shall declare that there is a Metal Zone at our Axe-FX, to be used as a Mitigating Circumstance.

mnemonic

Inspired
Do you by any chance play grindcore? ;):D

No but I do play metal. The pod is mostly for nostalgia, and there are some sounds in it I can’t seem to get elsewhere. Axe FX is great at sounding like an amp, but it’s kinda difficult to get that kind of synthetic ‘line 6 sound’ any other way.

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
No but I do play metal. The pod is mostly for nostalgia, and there are some sounds in it I can’t seem to get elsewhere. Axe FX is great at sounding like an amp, but it’s kinda difficult to get that kind of synthetic ‘line 6 sound’ any other way.

Are you asking for a Line6 model ? :cool:

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
2 Metal Zones on top!

I hadn't even noticed those. :D

Still, in the Metal Zone's defense, with a soldering iron its easy to finally turn it god awful into more then decent to okay levels.

That's why I said grindcore. Ye olde Pod Pro seems to be almost mandatory in that genre. Personally that's why I prefer Line 6 effects over TC Electronic. TC is good, but kinda polished and civilized. Line 6 has that kind of synthetic sound you mentioned, but one that lends itself very well to abuse. And I mean abuse in a good way. When you want pterodactyl noises instead of analog sustain.

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
Ola Englund discovered recently that the Metal Zone doesn’t sound bad in the loop

I heard that. That you should use it as a preamp instead. My favorite use for the Metal Zone is as a playground for the soldering iron. So many cool mods out there that will help you make it sound actually usable.

Top Bottom