Man I love my Uber ver 10.x VIDEO enclosed

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Lots of clams and I already know I play it wrong :)

Love the presence thing Cliff did!!!!

Video is still being processed so it's not in HD yet but should be shortly :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkzEwmueA8&fmt=22

Mark

Presets for both Std and Ultra. I am using RW cabs for this preset instructions are enclosed in the zip file.
Global settings are also included. The Direct out 1 global EQ is flat except for 63hz which is totally OFF.[attachment=0:1882j69z]DreamSolo.zip[/attachment:1882j69z]

Attachments

• DreamSolo.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 223
hankstone said:
Ok, now I'm SURE it's safe to upgrade to ver 10.... Been waiting for this...

Posting patch soon? :cool:

When I get back to work Monday I will post :)

Mark

ElectricPhase said:
"Heavy metal faces!" :lol:

Sounds great!

Thanks!

Mark

Scott Peterson said:
Twas fun as hell to hear and watch. Clams be damned, you have the 'thang' -- massive sounding.

Thanks Scott!!!

Mark

Hey Mark,
you are using too much gain! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was time. Too long since the last video.
Glad you like the improvements. I like the Uber, too.

You have the best gainy rock sound out of this box fo sho! :twisted:

You are THE single reason why I just purchased my Ultra Mark.
It should be in by this Wednesday...
Single best tone I've ever heard with the Uber amp model!

Mike

evolutionmb said:

Mike

+1

Mark, why the switch to the AHB-3, and how do you like it/how does it compare AHB-1's? From the SD specs, looks like it will be brighter with a tighter bottom end?

JR

JGR said:
evolutionmb said:

Mike

+1

Mark, why the switch to the AHB-3, and how do you like it/how does it compare AHB-1's? From the SD specs, looks like it will be brighter with a tighter bottom end?

JR

I thought I'd give it a try, I really like the AHB1's...but you know I'm a guitarist and if there's a chance I could get better tone..well...lol.

When I ordered it all I heard about it was tighter bottom...then when I received it I heard about the brighter part...I certainly didn't want brighter.

What it has is a sweeter top end and the "searing" description really says it all. Searing without being too bright or ice picky. The bottom is tighter too...really nice pickup for me.

It's staying in the Suhr :)

Mark

samhill said:
JGR said:
evolutionmb said:

Mike

+1

JR

I thought I'd give it a try, I really like the AHB1's...but you know I'm a guitarist and if there's a chance I could get better tone..well...lol.

When I ordered it all I heard about it was tighter bottom...then when I received it I heard about the brighter part...I certainly didn't want brighter.

What it has is a sweeter top end and the "searing" description really says it all. Searing without being too bright or ice picky. The bottom is tighter too...really nice pickup for me.

It's staying in the Suhr :)

Mark

Cool, glad you are diggin them. It's nice to have so many options that can be tailored to the tonality of specific instruments. I've still got the old EMG81/85 is most of my guitars, though I have a set of the SD AHB-1's in one axe and a set of the EMG 81X/85X in another. I find that the SD's and the EMG X's have vastly improved clean tones over the old EMGs. The SD's have considerably more output than the old EMG's, almost over the top. The EMG X's have slightly less output than the old EMG's, but they are less compressed, and have an airy top end that is wonderful. They have really grown on me, and they may be my favorite at this point (could be the guitar they are in too - the SC-245 is yummy!). I'll have to check out the AHB-3's at some point as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

JR

Hey Mark !

This is REALLY the S#!T :twisted:

I remember your submission to the James Lugo solo shootout over @ Rig-Talk, and you definitely were the "Lynch-i-est" of the group ( and the clear winner if I do say so myself ) :!:

George is one of the reasons I started playing ( along w/EVH, Schon, Lukather, etc; etc; ). IMHO you do him proud.

Can't wait to get a look at what you've changed for v10.01. If it's not too much trouble please let us know if you've made any changes to your Global EQ, IR's, etc; etc;

THANKS again for all your help too ....

R.D. said:
Hey Mark !

This is REALLY the S#!T :twisted:

I remember your submission to the James Lugo solo shootout over @ Rig-Talk, and you definitely were the "Lynch-i-est" of the group ( and the clear winner if I do say so myself ) :!:

George is one of the reasons I started playing ( along w/EVH, Schon, Lukather, etc; etc; ). IMHO you do him proud.

Can't wait to get a look at what you've changed for v10.01. If it's not too much trouble please let us know if you've made any changes to your Global EQ, IR's, etc; etc;

THANKS again for all your help too ....

Thanks Roger!
I'm hoping to have some time this evening between lessons to upload this patch and get a handle on what IR's I used etc.

Mark

Hi Mark. Is the AHB-3 the ones with the extra gain jumper thing? If so do you use it on the max gain setting?

Back
Top Bottom