AFIII Man, I forgot I love dual amps (ADT)

I've been creating lots of dual amp presets lately (mostly all high gain), and it sounds incredible even without the micro delay.
Just the difference in attack on two amps, creates enough 'double track' illusion for me. It's crushing!

Nice present. I have a FM3 but on my old Axe FX Mark II, I have a 5F8/59 Bassman preset that I can stay on all day.

Nice present. I have a FM3 but on my old Axe FX Mark II, I have a 5F8/59 Bassman preset that I can stay on all day.
Would be fun to be able to do something similar with the FM3.
I tried a second path with a drive block and an EQ block....it sounded 'ok'.
Then I jump to my Axe III and am like - oh man, this is sooo nice.

Would be fun to be able to do something similar with the FM3.
I tried a second path with a drive block and an EQ block....it sounded 'ok'.
Then I jump to my Axe III and am like - oh man, this is sooo nice.
I'll have to try that. Maybe using a Jan Ray as the second "amp".

Anyone else have ears that struggle with the yanky intonation/tuning when it comes to "double-tracking" effects?

Is it the detuning involved?

Anyone else have ears that struggle with the yanky intonation/tuning when it comes to "double-tracking" effects?

Is it the detuning involved?
I need to try the 2-amp thing with maybe the Enhancer, because yeah, I find that although I love Chorus, I like the fullness it gives, but with even a little too much modulation it's kinda bothersome to me. What can I say though? I'm a child (young adult) of the 80's!

I need to try the 2-amp thing with maybe the Enhancer, because yeah, I find that although I love Chorus, I like the fullness it gives, but with even a little too much modulation it's kinda bothersome to me. What can I say though? I'm a child (young adult) of the 80's!

I played with a guy who had a modulated reverb he loved. Think it was a Boss RV5. I could not use
any modulation and that incessant warble between us drove me f'ing nuts!!

I feel like some detune and multi-amp setups can work just fine for one guitar. It's when you start
adding in multiple guitars/tracks that pitch variations get a little wonky. For my ears. :)

I played with a guy who had a modulated reverb he loved. Think it was a Boss RV5. I could not use
any modulation and that incessant warble between us drove me f'ing nuts!!

I feel like some detune and multi-amp setups can work just fine for one guitar. It's when you start
adding in multiple guitars/tracks that pitch variations get a little wonky. For my ears. :)
Well, yeah. I use multi-guitar effects (chorus, modulated delays & reverbs, enhancer, pitch, etc.) in a 1-guitar context, either my alone-playing, or a band I'm the only guitarist in. But for unison or harmony parts with a 2nd guitarist, having a 2nd guitar playing the same part already accomplished that effect, AND, does it naturally. Redundant.

I tried the Soldanos on Rhythm and High, and found it's really enjoyable to push the inputs on a pair and then put an OCD in front. It's brutal to my ears and I love it (quick clip below).

I've got these rigs, a pair of JCM800s, a bunch of Fenders in pairs for clean/edge-of breakup tones, and lots of Plexis doing things in pairs. I also enjoyed the match i=of the Carvin Legacy with the 6160. Lots of neat pairings. The other two-amp presets are of course clean/dirty gapless presets as I am no more advanced than this at the moment. But dual amps just sound great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom