Mammoth WVH

To be fair, everything Michael Baskette produces sounds like Tremonti. To that end, I am not even sure it's fair to say WVH sounds like Tremonti. Tremonti and WVH sound like Baskette.

I love how he's treating the Van Halen fans (a band he was in for over a decade). There's a handful that come across as though they feel they're entitled to something from him. They're not.

Yup. If he has his Dad's blessing (because we know Wolfie is gonna be at the reins guiding EVH
as a brand, and the Van Halen catalog, for decades to come) then I am cool with that. :)

He has to just go for it and not be concerned or give any weight or merit to the naysayers.

To be fair, everything Michael Baskette produces sounds like Tremonti. To that end, I am not even sure it's fair to say WVH sounds like Tremonti. Tremonti and WVH sound like Baskette.

I love how he's treating the Van Halen fans (a band he was in for over a decade). There's a handful that come across as though they feel they're entitled to something from him. They're not.
He’s loosing them one by one. He would be better to just brush it off instead of talking trash. Needs a pr team bad. I don’t think I’m entitled to anything from him. Wish his dad was still breathing. Time will tell if the cock rock pays off.

He’s loosing them one by one. He would be better to just brush it off instead of talking trash. Needs a pr team bad. I don’t think I’m entitled to anything from him. Wish his dad was still breathing. Time will tell if the cock rock pays off.
Don't get the impression he gives a shit one way or another. He could brush it off, he chooses not to. People could also simply not follow his social media instead of talking trash. Goes both ways. Doing pretty good without a PR team. His album had debuted at number 1 on multiple charts and he's out on the road opening for Guns N Roses. I think time has already told whether or not if it was going to pay off. He's doing what he wants. Arm-chair never-has-been/never-will-be "musicians" love to critique him like he's supposed to be the second coming of his dad. Another impossible standard that even if he were to choose to go down that path, he would be met with the same stupidity anyway.

Don't get the impression he gives a shit one way or another. He could brush it off, he chooses not to. People could also simply not follow his social media instead of talking trash. Goes both ways. Doing pretty good without a PR team. His album had debuted at number 1 on multiple charts and he's out on the road opening for Guns N Roses. I think time has already told whether or not if it was going to pay off. He's doing what he wants. Arm-chair never-has-been/never-will-be "musicians" love to critique him like he's supposed to be the second coming of his dad. Another impossible standard that even if he were to choose to go down that path, he would be met with the same stupidity anyway.
Yeah but without the last name would he have a #1 album, and would he get a spot on GNR's tour? I don't give a shit what he does, and just choose not to be on the like him because his dad was famous train. If you like his music that is cool, released under any other name and we wouldn't be talking about it.

I really like a couple of his songs. What most impresses me is how much of a head on his shoulders he has. To be the son of arguably the greatest guitarist in history and to forge your own way is pretty remarkable. I think it’s a testament to his old man and how he brought up his son. I believe there’s an interview out there where Ed said he told wolf “don’t be me…go out and do your own thing.” And he certainly did and is. Not to mention I think he’s got a great voice. My hats off to wolf and I’m happy he found some peace and purpose in his own music.

Yes, I did give the first listen to Wolf's album because of his dad, but loving wolf's music has nothing to do with his dad.

Yeah but without the last name would he have a #1 album, and would he get a spot on GNR's tour? I don't give a shit what he does, and just choose not to be on the like him because his dad was famous train. If you like his music that is cool, released under any other name and we wouldn't be talking about it.

The album is not aimed at Van Halen fans. Vast majority of feedback I see from folks who claim to only be there cause they're VH fans has been negative. So not sure they're the ones that put it at number 1. People like it. His name certainly isn't hurting his career trajectory. But it's pretty silly to attribute it all to that. Kids with famous folks have often been presented with opportunities and have fallen flat. It's no guarantee whatever you're doing will hit with an audience. But having a foot in the door is an easy gripe for folks who are looking to tear down children of celebrities to hang their hat on, so I get it.

And no, I don't own or listen to it. Have heard it, though and it's great for what it is. My like or dislike doesn't take anything away from it.

Btw I never said I liked him. In fact I think he’s a snarky post-millennial little shit. But, hey they all are. They’re all the products of a world where the sense of humor is defined by Judd Apatow movies where Jonah Hill or Michael Cera say things.

So really this is the fault of whatever killed John Hughes and Harold Ramis.

Dude has mad talent. REALLY liked that.

He's going to get hate no matter what happens with his music. Always going to be compared to his pa. There are very few kids of famous who can surmount that (I can only think of Jakob Dylan...sure there are others.)

Fun video!

Jeezus! I thought I was a cynical old f*ck. Based on some comments in this thread I better up my game---
lest I just remain a wanna-be cynical old fuck! :)

Btw I never said I liked him. In fact I think he’s a snarky post-millennial little shit. But, hey they all are. They’re all the products of a world where the sense of humor is defined by Judd Apatow movies where Jonah Hill or Michael Cera say things.

So really this is the fault of whatever killed John Hughes and Harold Ramis.
So snarky post-millennial little shit, as opposed to snarky prehistoric little shit then ;)

No tit intended, honest, just messing around, that's why the smiley.

No idea of his degree of millennialism or snarkitude either, really haven't heard much from him except a couple of song videos.

Peace in the valley, as they say.
The smiley is the equivalent of saying “with all due respect”, then saying something that would get you smooth laid out on the floor in front of your wife and kids.

Back
Top Bottom