Mammoth WVH

bradlake

Axe-Master
Is anyone enjoying this album as much I am?
I had no idea that Wolfgang had this in him, completely self-composed and every vocal and instrument played by him.
Almost no paternal influence to be heard…I hear traces of FOO, early Adrian Belew, Devin, all good stuff..impeccably produced…

It's really F'ing good. Really good. Catchy and with a heavy sense of melody and
appropriate dynamics. I bet his Poppa is really proud, and certainly encouraged him
to sing and not ever work with a "lead singer." ;)

Is anyone enjoying this album as much I am?
I had no idea that Wolfgang had this in him, completely self-composed and every vocal and instrument played by him.
Almost no paternal influence to be heard…I hear traces of FOO, early Adrian Belew, Devin, all good stuff..impeccably produced…

That was great thanks for sharing. Love it

"Holy shit that was terrible we can fix that right?"
Good on him for being his own man.
The only thing of that video and song that was his pops were the guitars on the walls and the pick scrapes at the end. I heard Ed there.

Would anyone care if his last name wasn’t Van Halen?
This is the conversation at hand. What do you care if anyone would care if his name wasn't his name? No one cares if you don't care, and I don't care if you don't care about the fact that someone may or may not care and I doubt anyone else cares either.

This is the conversation at hand. What do you care if anyone would care if his name wasn't his name? No one cares if you don't care, and I don't care if you don't care about the fact that someone may or may not care and I doubt anyone else cares either.
It's a valid question. Is it ground breaking? Who doesn't it sound like? Like a Tremonti ripoff personally. I'm a little miffed how he's treating his fanbase that is primarily made up of his dads fans. Without the last name he'd be in a pile of other bands that sound exactly the same. IMHO.

It's a valid question. Is it ground breaking? Who doesn't it sound like? Like a Tremonti ripoff personally. I'm a little miffed how he's treating his fanbase that is primarily made up of his dads fans. Without the last name he'd be in a pile of other bands that sound exactly the same. IMHO.
Yeah, that's a valid point. The music stands on its own, but that he's EVH's son certainly helped him get noticed, without which, doesn't matter how good your music is.
I predict he won't last however. I already see evidence he doesn't have the drive it requires.

The whole album is good. Every song is good. There's no junk in the bunch. He composes better finished songs in my opinion than anything VH did.

We'll see what is in store for the 2nd album. I hope he makes it the same way - by himself with no outsiders to compromise with.

Definitely the coolest thing to come along in rock/pop/hard rock.

Ok then in that case Dweezil Zappa over there like

Attachments

• FA384CC1-4A8B-4452-B44C-C64CA64F32C9.jpeg
    FA384CC1-4A8B-4452-B44C-C64CA64F32C9.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3
To be fair, everything Michael Baskette produces sounds like Tremonti. To that end, I am not even sure it's fair to say WVH sounds like Tremonti. Tremonti and WVH sound like Baskette.

I love how he's treating the Van Halen fans (a band he was in for over a decade). There's a handful that come across as though they feel they're entitled to something from him. They're not.

Sounds like Nickleback to me. I'm always amazed at people who are talented on multiple instruments, but I think the compositions lose something when there aren't other musicians to add to the recipe...sorry about mixing metaphors there, but I think you get what I'm trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom