Mama's back: The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effect-emulations-thread for Axe-Fx II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's possible to install a second Axe Edit on the same computer, using an old version like 1.317 ? Opening both AE 1.9 and the old one in offline mode would help copying the settings all those lost saved blocks. I had hundreds of them for compressor, modulations, delays, multidelays and reverbs etc. Not a big deal for me though, those blocks are still in my presets, but if it's possible, it may help some users

How do you get these into the AF2?

Spent sometime trying to port the pedals from the Ultra thread and Voes's excellent youtube video's regarding the Ultra's drive blocks. Don't know how good these came out. (Never owned an Ultra myself.) So try them at your own risk.

Props to the people posting them in the first place (Voes, Yek, DonPetersen, Scott Peterson, Javajunkie etc.) Further descriptions regarding placement in the FX chain are also in the original thread for the Ultra. (Most are of course "in series before AMP"

First the various Wah's:

View attachment 9390
View attachment 9389
View attachment 9387
View attachment 9388
View attachment 9386
View attachment 9385
View attachment 9384

Anybody did the dirtywork already of getting them into 1.9?
And if yes...can you share the sysx files form the Effects folder?

Thanks!

Hi Yek,

great selection of effects. Could you post a summary in what order you program your presets?
Cheers,
Opi-Wahn

I think that's an excellent idea for Fractal to have ala carte fx packs. Kinda like they are doing IRs now. Maybe this would get some more FX into the axe. I'd like to see more Flanger options, more boost type (not necessarily drive pedals) and more Eq options. I have long said that the eq section of the amp should be selectable between what's there, the Mesa Mark eq and a MXR 10 band

I think that's an excellent idea for Fractal to have ala carte fx packs. Kinda like they are doing IRs now. Maybe this would get some more FX into the axe.
À la carte firmware modules? Frankly, ouch.

I am sure ( well 99% sure anyways), that once Axe-Edit 3.0..or whatever it ends up being....is released...all these Fx will be updated and downloadable as FX blocks..and will be useable.

I am patiently waiting and very excited to be able to use this GREAT resource.

I think that's an excellent idea for Fractal to have ala carte fx packs. Kinda like they are doing IRs now. Maybe this would get some more FX into the axe. I'd like to see more Flanger options, more boost type (not necessarily drive pedals) and more Eq options. I have long said that the eq section of the amp should be selectable between what's there, the Mesa Mark eq and a MXR 10 band

+1

I recently got my first Axe2 and was surprised there wasn't something like this, especially since the effects don't have presets from factory (by effects i mean blocks I guess...)

I don't get the à la carte effects thing. If Fractal puts out a new effect, why wouldn't you want it put into a full firmware version, the same as they've been doing for years? Why make it a separate effect you have to install separately?

I don't get the à la carte effects thing. If Fractal puts out a new effect, why wouldn't you want it put into a full firmware version, the same as they've been doing for years? Why make it a separate effect you have to install separately?

I might be mis-reading things, but I think what people want is not effect blocks, but per-block settings that make the blocks sound specifically like favourite effects. For example: different incarnations of the Big Muff fuzz. Or a specific tube screamer circuit like the Jacques Fuse Blower. Or an SD-9.

I might be mis-reading things, but I think what people want is not effect blocks, but per-block settings that make the blocks sound specifically like favourite effects. For example: different incarnations of the Big Muff fuzz. Or a specific tube screamer circuit like the Jacques Fuse Blower. Or an SD-9.
That I can understand. But I'm reading the recent posts differently. "More Flanger options, more boost type (not necessarily drive pedals) and more Eq options" sounds like firmware updates.

this is exactly what i mean....and what I think most everyone else means. settings that emulate specific pedals, not new blocks, per se...

Yes, exactly. Normally that would be called effect presets (different presets within each effect), but since presets refers to an actual full sound or patch it gets confusing.

Imagine you are using a plugging in Logic, Garage band, or whatever: within that plugin you will have a lists of factory presets and you can usually add more. In the case of the Axe you don't get any factory presets, just the default settings. Then you can add yours, which is what we are doing on this thread.

A Wah block. I based these settings on the Dunlop Jerry Cantrell wah. These help the wah to cut through the mix, even at high gain settings.

Series, at the beginning of the chain.

Bandpass
Res 5.74
Drive 0
Fmin 400
Fmax 1947
Track 6.50
Control (modifier menu): source:External, Damp 10ms, Mid: 40%, Slope 25%
How would you duplicate the Cantrell sound in 11.03?

Here the RingMod is not used for robotic sounds, but to add a low octave to notes. It tracks the notes played. I prefer it to the Octave Divider (Pitch block) and to the Fixed Harmony (also Pitch). Based on a old tip from Cliff.

Series, before the Amp block.

Freq. 199.9
Fmult 0.500
Track: on
HiCut 300
Mix 30%

Yek - thank you, thank you, thank you! :D I tried to add the RingMod to the Pete Thorn PT SL68 Greenback preset with a miserably failed result.

It wasn't until I stumbled upon this thread tonight, and this particular post, that I was able to make good use of the RingMod.

Wrote a cool blues shuffle tune as a result ... so ... U DAH MAN!!! :encouragement:

Reactions: yek
Quick question with these effects. can these be loaded with axe edit 3 now and if so how.

Can someone also explain how i save an effect block - for example i have a lovely shimmer which i adapted from a preset i found on axe exchange - its 3 blocks in total - is there a way of saving those 3 blocks as an individual block or do i save it as a preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom