Making videos with using the AX8

sixxvanrose

Hey guys,

My name is Pat and I just purchased the AX8. I love it. Had a question to ask. I also have a YouTube channel and I wanted to start making some guitar related posts. I see guys Like Leon Todd & Mark Day make videos and the audio is amazing. This is what I have. Not sure what I need to make this happen. I'd like to use my cell phone to record the HQ video and have the audio come through using the AX8. I recently purchased this cable which kinda works, but I kinda feel like I'm not getting great audio. Can you guys suggest what I can buy or what you use?
I have the following:
My Android Cell phone (for Video)
Ax8
Focusrite 4i4
I have the Ax8 going into the front of the focusrite unit. Input lines 1&2 for stereo.
The back I have left & Right outs going to my studio monitors.

Attachments

• 20200808_135609.jpg
    20200808_135609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
I'm sure Leon aka @2112 himself could chime in and tell you about his setup.

Since I've seen him doing his dialogue thru a Shure SM7b I suspect he's recording both voice and guitar to his DAW, mix and then sync it to video. Sometimes you can hook up a camera and record both audio and video via video editing programs like Final Cut Pro X. Also, since you're using your phone to capture video, I recommend going the Focusrite route for your guitar and voice (if possible) and then sync the audio to your video.

Back
Top Bottom