Making the MFC and Axe-Fx III work together?

Ya it wasn't where I thought it was gonna be. I was looking at my II and expected to find it in the same way. But I found it. Now I am just trying to dial in how they come in and out. But realistically I am there. I cannot thank you enough. There is no way I could have ever gotten thru that without your help

Ya it wasn't where I thought it was gonna be. I was looking at my II and expected to find it in the same way. But I found it. Now I am just trying to dial in how they come in and out. But realistically I am there. I cannot thank you enough. There is no way I could have ever gotten thru that without your help
Glad you got it all working. :D

Glad you got it all working. :D

Well, close. I decided to un-parallel the 3 blocks in question. so I ran my volume wah and pitch and formant for that matter. I got the volume working for scene 1. the wah for scene two. but then poo hit the fan. While working the whammy in scene 3 I could not not not get the wah to turn off. when I finally figured out how to do it, I would go back to scene to and the wah would no longer work. So I said fine, i scene 3 i will use channel B for the wah block so I can turn it off. When I go back to scene 2 the wah is off again. So I shut it all down and crashing. I dont know how to keep the wah from engaging in scenes that i want to reserve for another block like pitch or formant to engage.

Does that make sense? I may start a thread on it...... Good nite.......

So, I have literally everything working where I feel like I can fly with my III and the MFC. There is just one more thing, and I don't think you can do it, that I wanted to ask. I have read and read, but don't see an answer.......

As I move up and down thru the presets on the MFC, for instance P01 or P02 etc, to the right of the preset number on the MFC screen it says "MFC 101". I keep feeling like, man that would be a great place to manually program the name of the preset into the MFC to match the name of the preset in the III. I don't think it's possible, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!

MFC-Edit program is great for this too. It can import the text files exported by Axe Edit or just type them in.

MM

I have made several changes to the MFC itself since loading the MFC from MFC edit. I think I would rather do this manually, as slow and daunting as this may be. Thanks WITELITE!

I have made several changes to the MFC itself since loading the MFC from MFC edit. I think I would rather do this manually, as slow and daunting as this may be. Thanks WITELITE!

Just do a data dump to your computer from the MFC, load that into MFC Edit, type the preset names & then send it back to the MFC. You can also name IA switches too, although the names are very short. I have mine labeled SCN2, SCN3, TUNE, ETC...

I was under the assumption that the MFC101 can't work with the 3! So it's just some extensive reprogramming of the MFC and it will work? Holy hell I just spent 2600 two yrs ago for my axe, 675 on the MFC, 1800 on cabs, 750 on poweramp, 1900 on new geetar...still married somehow so what's just ONE more toy?

Just do a data dump to your computer from the MFC, load that into MFC Edit, type the preset names & then send it back to the MFC. You can also name IA switches too, although the names are very short. I have mine labeled SCN2, SCN3, TUNE, ETC...
Agreed.

And remember what I said before about backups? That dump is your backup :)

I was under the assumption that the MFC101 can't work with the 3! So it's just some extensive reprogramming of the MFC and it will work? Holy hell I just spent 2600 two yrs ago for my axe, 675 on the MFC, 1800 on cabs, 750 on poweramp, 1900 on new geetar...still married somehow so what's just ONE more toy?
As has been said about a million times so far, the MFC can act as a generic midi controller with the Axe Fx III.

It will NOT have integrated features such as displaying preset names from the Axe Fx III automatically, displaying the tuner, keeping track of IA states across scenes, automatically knowing IA states on preset load, etc

However, with some programming, it CAN do many things...

Hi guys...I too can no longer wait for the FC Controllers to come out because as with many, I have shows to do this month as well.

I was reading the interesting posts regarding turning the MFC-101 into a regular Midi controller to control the AXE FX III. There seemed to be a lot of steps and reprogramming of the MFC and in the AXE FX III's Midi/remote menu involved.
However, I was trying to think of an easier way to control the AXE FX III while waiting for the FC's to come out. My thoughts were that if any of us still have an AXE FX II XL that is not being sold at the moment, or is not in use elsewhere, would be to use the MFC-101 connected to the AXE FX II with the Faslink cable as normal and the make use of the Midi Echo feature of the AXE FX II XL with a Midi out cable to the AXE FX III. Before I go further, here is the excerpt from The AXE FX II manual concerning the Midi Echo feature turned on that made me believe this may be an option:

MFC ECHO TO MIDI OUT (XL Only) ON/OFF

MIDI signals received from an MFC-101 at the FASLINK or Ethernet/EtherCON jacks are never passed to the MIDI THRU. When you want to pass MIDI from an MFC-101 to a downstream device, enable this option to create a "soft" MIDI Thru at the MIDI OUT port of the Axe-Fx II XL/XL+.

Therefore, if I am reading this correctly, if you set up specific presets and scenes in the AXE FX III to be the same preset numbers and scenes you had in the AXE FX II, in theory, wouldn't the MFC's Faslink information be converted to Midi out signals from the AXE FX II Midi Out jack to send the same messages to a downstream device, whereas in this case would be the AXE FX III?

I may be missing something here so don't hesitate to correct me if this idea has no merit. However many of you out there understand the limitations of the AXE FX II XL and what is required to run the AXE FX III by Midi in signals, better than I do at present.

Any other easy alternatives would be welcome...Thanks!

Hi guys...I too can no longer wait for the FC Controllers to come out because as with many, I have shows to do this month as well.

I was reading the interesting posts regarding turning the MFC-101 into a regular Midi controller to control the AXE FX III. There seemed to be a lot of steps and reprogramming of the MFC and in the AXE FX III's Midi/remote menu involved.
However, I was trying to think of an easier way to control the AXE FX III while waiting for the FC's to come out. My thoughts were that if any of us still have an AXE FX II XL that is not being sold at the moment, or is not in use elsewhere, would be to use the MFC-101 connected to the AXE FX II with the Faslink cable as normal and the make use of the Midi Echo feature of the AXE FX II XL with a Midi out cable to the AXE FX III. Before I go further, here is the excerpt from The AXE FX II manual concerning the Midi Echo feature turned on that made me believe this may be an option:

MIDI signals received from an MFC-101 at the FASLINK or Ethernet/EtherCON jacks are never passed to the MIDI THRU. When you want to pass MIDI from an MFC-101 to a downstream device, enable this option to create a "soft" MIDI Thru at the MIDI OUT port of the Axe-Fx II XL/XL+.

Therefore, if I am reading this correctly, if you set up specific presets and scenes in the AXE FX III to be the same preset numbers and scenes you had in the AXE FX II, in theory, wouldn't the MFC's Faslink information be converted to Midi out signals from the AXE FX II Midi Out jack to send the same messages to a downstream device, whereas in this case would be the AXE FX III?

I may be missing something here so don't hesitate to correct me if this idea has no merit. However many of you out there understand the limitations of the AXE FX II XL and what is required to run the AXE FX III by Midi in signals, better than I do at present.

That sounds like a lot of weight. I am the most midi challenged on the planet. If I can do it, with help from unix-guy of course, anyone can do it. I can walk u thru it if u want. I feel there is nothing you cant really do other than the MFC and III truly talking to each other. I made the preset names on the MFC line up with the III, so I am ready to gig!

This works for me... I haven't defined all the CCs on the III yet that I need, but it should work fine.

However, why not just gig your XL (by the way, it works on XL+, too)?

I've done 2 gigs in the last 2 weeks. My Axe Fx II still kills anything else out there besides a III :)

Back
Top Bottom