Making Humbuster cables from TRS to TRS cables- question

Lkdog

Power User
Am trying out my AXE FX II XL as an effects unit for my CA Triptik head.
Want to use the 4CM discussed here. Created a preset and it works fine, but is noisy.

I grabbed a couple TRS to TRS cables and need to turn one end of each of them to a TS connection to make humbuster cables so it si a TRS to TS cable. Well- you guys know all of this....:D

Can I just desolder the Ring wire on the TRS connector, or do I need to solder it to the Shield?
Or is it easier to make a little jumper wire from the Ring connector end on the plug to the Shield?

Thanks for any input.

Am trying out my AXE FX II XL as an effects unit for my CA Triptik head.
Want to use the 4CM discussed here. Created a preset and it works fine, but is noisy.

I grabbed a couple TRS to TRS cables and need to turn one end of each of them to a TS connection to make humbuster cables so it si a TRS to TS cable. Well- you guys know all of this....:D

Can I just desolder the Ring wire on the TRS connector, or do I need to solder it to the Shield?
Or is it easier to make a little jumper wire from the Ring connector end on the plug to the Shield?

Thanks for any input.
Hi! You should actually solder the R to the S, cause that's the way the humbuster circuit works. No jumpers, no free wires, only R+S soldering.

OK, got them installed. Running Output 2 to AMP IN, and Output 1 to Effects Loop return.
Helped but still have some hum when EFX Loop is active. Dead silent for an AXE FX Drive pedal or COMP in front of amp.
Will start a new thread to review the steps I have taken so far and maybe I have missed something.

Good idea to start a new thread. In that thread, describe the hum. Better yet, post a clip. A lot of people say"hum" when it's something else. :)

Here is new thread.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...d-axe-fx-ii-xl-have-i-missed-anything.130690/

LOL. I hear you. But pretty sure this is a hum.
I have a bunch of high end audio and home cinema A/V equipment all connected via cable internet and on home network.
Been chasing hums for years!

I wonder if the fact that the AXE FX is connected via USB to the computer which is on the network connected to the cable internet has anything to do with this.
I might try disconnecting the USB here tonight. (EDIT- No difference)

When I put the Lexicon MX300 in the EFX Loop of the CA Triptik, had a similar hum. I put a cheater plug on the Lexicon.
Dead silent. (The Lexicon is not connected anywhere right now).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom