Making a preamp IR

shawnb

Inspired
How does one go about making an IR of our preamp (like a Triaxis setting) without the cab (as I will be using different cabs)?

Just curious, but are you only looking to capture the absolute clean tone of the preamp, or any drive characteristics, too?
Apologies if this is a dumb question.

Maybe a clean to pair with a JC120 cab sim. But mostly something something brutal. Either from my E570 or Triaxes (my song is using a custom setting on each for L/R double tracked. I wanted to capture the sound of my amp without the cab because I haven’t settled on a cab yet and I really like how this sounds.

Everywhere ai look for capturing is about mic’ing a cab but The AxeFx has many amps to choose from so somehow they captured it. Was just wondering how.

An IR is only going to capture the EQ... I don't think it's going to be what you're wanting. You would use ToneMatch to capture that and then convert the result to an IR.

You are wanting to some how "profile" a real preamp with the Axe Fx? It doesn't do that... That is Kemper technique.

The Axe Fx actually models the circuitry of the real amp and only Fractal can do that. Also, the Triaxis is already in the box ;)

You can take a similar sounding model and then use a ToneMatch to get closer to the real amp.

Back
Top Bottom