Make sure you practice before you play out with your band!!

I think the singer ruined the GP's "buzz" with the heavy hand. Looks and sounds like "bongitis" to me.

His best note is the one following his slap in the face!!! This one is sharp and in tune!! Great tone!! lol!!!!!!!!!!

That is so-o-o darn embarrassing... other than the slap, I'd bet most of us - if we're honest about it - have had an "Oh crap!, what key is this in and what am I supposed to be playing" moment in our stage careers :)

I'm trying to figure out if he was under the influence or just didn't know how to actually play the guitar. Ether way the I think the crowd liked the really bad playing followed buy the physical attack by the singer. I didn't quit understand what the announcer said at the end... was it It's all part of the show folks.

Wow - that was painful. Even more so than the OP vid.
Ah.. the infamous VH "blunder".. actually not their fault, butit can happen to the best. The techs left the keys in the wrong pitch. Most have pitch +/- buttons these days, but assume a 440Hz baseline.
So they could have adjust up a 1/2 step if at 440hz. Apparently tuning was not 440, so it was like a non-linear step up - like 5/16th's - no way to play guitars in tune with that.
There's worse of EVH out there on utube tho'..

Back
Top Bottom