Wish Make Control Switches scene specific rather than global

The current control switch implementation is not very flexible.
It would be handy if the control switches would be scene specific rather than global.
This would allow, for example, to fire different midi events (Prog. changes (PC), Continuous Control (CC)) per scene.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I know that all already.
Probably I did not express myself so clearly....
Second try:
Current possibility/implementation (example):
I configure CS1 to send Midi Program Change number 87 with channel 1. This setting is global. That means no matter which preset or scene I select, when I trigger CS1 with a footswitch, it always sends Midi Program Change number 87 with channel 1. - The CS configuration is global and not preset/scene specific.

What I want is the following (example):
I want CS1 to
  • at preset 27/scene 1 send midi program change number 87 with channel 1,
  • at preset 27/scene 2 send midi program change number 35 with channel 3,
  • at preset 27/scene 3 it sends midi control change number 12 with value 127 with channel 7,
  • etc....
Possibly one could extend the Scene Midi Block, that one could configure the 6 Control Switches there accordingly.

So you want the midi to be triggered on demand and not when you change scenes?
Correct.

My application is the following:
I use two tubeamps which are midi programmabl. (Hughes Kettner Access / Engl E580). Each of them allow to store the amp settings (button state and potentiometer position) as presets. These presets can be accessed by an appropriate midi program change. I have stored different preset at both amps in a structured way:
Preset 1 - Preset 4: 4 different clean sounds
Preset 5 - Preset 8: 4 different crunch sounds
Preset 9 - Preset 12: 4 different lead sounds

At the AXE side I have a dedicated scene for clean sound, one for crunch sound and another one for lead sound.

What I would like to have is the following:
When I switch to a certain scene (lets say clean), the scene Midi Block will fire two program changes (PC) (one for each tube amp) to bring up preset 1 at each amp. I would like to be able to change on demand the amp preset by using Control Switches (CS):
In the clean scene I would like to be able to switch between 4 amp presets by using 4 CS:
CS 1: PC1 for preset 1
CS 2: PC2 for preset 2
CS 3: PC3 for preset 3
CS 4: PC4 for preset 4

When I switch to the next scene (lets say lead), the scene Midi Block will fire two program changes (PC) (one for each tube amp) to bring up preset 9 at each amp.

when I switch between the 4 amp presets in the lead scene the 4 CS settings should be:
CS 1: PC9 for preset 9
CS 2: PC10 for preset 10
CS 3: PC11 for preset 11
CS 4: PC12 for preset 12

At my FC6 I would like to assign the 4 CS to 4 foot switches for selecting (on demand) the amp presets ...
I hope my explanation is clear and understandable :)

Perhaps FAS can extend the Scene Midi Block to incorporate the 6 CS switches ...

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread for Easter Sunday! ;) More control switches or PER SCENE would be so great to expand the possibilities even with outboard gear!

Back
Top Bottom