Major fault with Axe fx XL

No one has got back to me so I'm guessing ii will just have to put up with this problem and be very careful when using my Active guitar.

You do not have to "put up" with that problem.

G66 are usually pretty good with resolving faults and if the unit is borked they will repair/replace it.

If they are not responding to emails, you can call them on 0049 461 1828 066.

I would be on the phone immediately to them if it was me.

I only have the problem when using the active guitar with EMG's on it, so they are very hot indeed, my passive guitars are ok.
To be honest I can put up with it by just being careful and making sure I hit the tune switch before I plug/unplug my guitar.
I have only had the Axe for 3 weeks now, and still a lot to learn but loving it. I did contact G66 and am waiting for them to get back to me - I have sent a number of emails - the problem being if they want the unit back what do I use? This is why I may just have to put up with it.
But it's also happened to thence effect (post no #9)
Apologies Jandjrs.

I use both active and passive PU's, and don't have this problem. G66 are awesome at helping, so if they need your unit in for repair, I would assume they will send you shipping labels etc. I have dealt with them once regarding a broken MFC-101, and their service gets 10********** from me. When my MFC broke on a Friday, it was fixed by Tuesdays. I don't think they have loaner's, so you will likely, though, have to be without the unit for a few days :(

It might not be relevant, bit is your Axe hooked up to a computer when this happens? The only time I have experienced that by axe freezes, was when connected via usb to my mac -which a driver updated fixed right away.

No, I did have it connected to my computer, but it also does it when disconnected. It's not a massive issue, and something I can live with to be honest, I can't help feeling that it is something to do with some kind of voltage going into the Axe when I plug in, as the EMG actives switch on when the Jack is inserted.....

This a fault with your unit. I switch back and forth with active and passive guitars with no problem.

I'd contact your dealer again, your AFX needs service or at least a total once-over by a service tech. What you describe is not normal or something to just workaround. IMHO.

Yes I did read the post, no need to be so rude man, you don't have to take part if it annoys you.
For your information I have contacted my dealer, but they have not got back to me.

Have you considered that it is a weekend and that perhaps they will get back to you when they are open Monday?? Just a thought.

No, I did have it connected to my computer, but it also does it when disconnected. It's not a massive issue, and something I can live with to be honest, I can't help feeling that it is something to do with some kind of voltage going into the Axe when I plug in, as the EMG actives switch on when the Jack is inserted.....

Hi Andy,

Most of the guitars I used with my Axe II are active, not had any problems.
It would suggest maybe your EMGs are wired up wrong putting 9v or even 18v on the signal path to the input.
I had a guitar that used 2x9V on EMGs the output was very hot, but still worked fine with my Axe.

I've seen some shocking guitar wiring over the years :lol

I was just about to say. Sushi and Jochen are outstanding in their support. I've had Sussi respond to emails at 10pm on Saturday night over a noisy fan before today. The only company I've had used that I can honestly say that not only have I never had cause for complaint, but they go well over above and beyond their professional responsibilities.

Hey Andy, where are you based? If you're up north, I can help you with programming etc.

G66 contacted me today, they are sending a new unit for me to try, I was told that the support from Fractal Audio and G66 was the best, but wow this is fantastic service, I have never known such amazing support from any other company. Thanks guys.

Another happy customer. Let's chalk up another one for FAS. HIP HIP....

I was just about to say. Sushi and Jochen are outstanding in their support. I've had Sussi respond to emails at 10pm on Saturday night over a noisy fan before today. The only company I've had used that I can honestly say that not only have I never had cause for complaint, but they go well over above and beyond their professional responsibilities.

Hey Andy, where are you based? If you're up north, I can help you with programming etc.

Hi Fabio KTG
I certainly am up north, I'm in the North East - Middlesbrogh (someone has to live here), I'm still getting my head around things, but loving it.

Back
Top Bottom