Main Outputs not feeding sound to audio interface....

Muzick

Experienced
Hey guys,

I was playing the axe last night no problems with the following setup. Here's the chain:

Axe FX (Balanced or Unbalanced) -> Steinberg MR816 (Audio interface) -> Focal 6be Solo Monitors.

The Steinberg's signal lights are not picking up anything. I rerouted the outputs to my smaller monitors which have a couple of balanced inputs and the same thing, no sound at all. I plug in a set of headphones and can hear it no problems.

I've tried doing a system reset via the utility menu on the Axe, but it did not help. Any suggestions here?

Thanks,
Brandon

Output 1 Level knob turned up?

Plug some headphones into the Phones jack. If you get sound there it's likely not the Axe-Fx.

Hey Cliff, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can hear it with head phones.

However, when I plug my guitar directly into my interface there's no sound.

Last edited:
can you confirm:

xlr direct to powered monitors - no signal, but has signal in headphones at the same time?

1/4" out 1 direct to powered monitors - no signal, but has signal in headphones at the same time?

is it possible to Echo out 1 to out 2 and try out 2 1/4" cables to interface or powered monitors? (turn up out 2 knob on front panel).

Ok so unbalanced outputs direct to monitors.... no signal.

New information: XLR out from Axe to audio interface and I can hear sound.

Why won't the unbalanced outputs give me sound? I am using mogami cables.

if you use the 1/4" Out 1 outputs, you get zero signal even if you turn the volume knob on the front panel all the way up? but with XLR cables you get signal?

how high is your Out 1 front panel knob when you get enough sound with XLR?

if you use the 1/4" Out 1 outputs, you get zero signal even if you turn the volume knob on the front panel all the way up? but with XLR cables you get signal?

how high is your Out 1 front panel knob when you get enough sound with XLR?

Thanks Chris.

My volume knob is turned up about 40% of the way. Even if I turn it all the way up, I still cann't hear anything out of my 1/4" out 1 outputs. As soon as I use the XLR Out 1 outputs sound comes through no problem.

Are you using a Mac? Because recently I was getting no audio on OSX to my Echo AudioFire 4 from the Axe-Fx and it turned out that I had to open Audio MIDI configuration and configure speakers and whatnot for the audio interface. After that it started getting sound from the Axe. Also make sure sample rate is 48 kHz. Though I was using SPDIF here so sample rate shouldn't matter for analog input.

Are you using a Mac? Because recently I was getting no audio on OSX to my Echo AudioFire 4 from the Axe-Fx and it turned out that I had to open Audio MIDI configuration and configure speakers and whatnot for the audio interface. After that it started getting sound from the Axe. Also make sure sample rate is 48 kHz. Though I was using SPDIF here so sample rate shouldn't matter for analog input.

Not sure that has anything to do with signal from the XLR but not 1/4" from output 1. He is having a hardware issue that doesn't involve a computer.

I guess you have to contact support. Link them to this thread, and tell them you get signal from XLR out 1 but no signal from 1/4" out 1.

Not sure that has anything to do with signal from the XLR but not 1/4" from output 1. He is having a hardware issue that doesn't involve a computer.

I guess you have to contact support. Link them to this thread, and tell them you get signal from XLR out 1 but no signal from 1/4" out 1.

Sounds good. Thanks for your help Chris!

Back
Top Bottom