Made the leap from FX8 to AX8....

BobBrault

Inspired
So, as much as I love the FX8. I find it necessary to lighten the load when traveling and setting up for gigs. So, the AX8 is the next logical step. Looking forward to watching this corner of the neighborhood. Need to smooth this learning curve real quick...rehearsals and gigs coming up ! So, I might be asking a few questions, being back to the newbie stage and all. Cheers!

Same here, I got the AX8 in March of last year. I was using the FX8 with a Friedman Smallbox. It sounded great, but it was heavy, and does not cover all the sounds I need in a working cover band. We play everything from Earth Wind and Fire to Judas Priest to The Pretenders to Alice In Chains. We have a female and male singer.

Same here, I got the AX8 in March of last year. I was using the FX8 with a Friedman Smallbox. It sounded great, but it was heavy, and does not cover all the sounds I need in a working cover band. We play everything from Earth Wind and Fire to Judas Priest to The Pretenders to Alice In Chains. We have a female and male singer.
I'm in the same situation. We cover a wide range of genres, so the flexibility and portability with great tone is just too good to pass up.

Last edited:
Welcome to the AX8 world. Don't forget to check out the sticky thread for tutorials. The AX8 is a great piece of gear.

I bought the FX8 when it first came out and loved it. So when the AX8 was announced I was immediately on board and bought it. Sold the FX8 to help pay for the AX8 and a year later sold all my amps and went full Fractal.

I bought the FX8 when it first came out and loved it. So when the AX8 was announced I was immediately on board and bought it. Sold the FX8 to help pay for the AX8 and a year later sold all my amps and went full Fractal.
It so happens my TC-50, various cabinets and FX8 are for sale. I don't think I'll be using them much. I'm keeping a couple of my favorite amps.

FX8 is the gateway drug to the AX8. I did the same as y'all. I rarely touch my FX8, maybe once a year. AX8 is awesome.

So true.

I just did this in November. At 57, I'm totally digging the light load and small footprint. Now that I'm using IEMs, it makes so much sense, and although I'd really wanted to just have one amp/cab model, I am currently using three. A Friedman BE can do Green Day and U2 but the latter is so much better with an AC30.

I have sold 2 of 4 amps/cabs and pretty sure one more pair is going on the block soon. I have two FX8s and one is listed at this point. At minimum, I plan to keep at least my Dirty Shirley, cab, two drive pedals, FX8 and Two Notes Torpedo. I figure if they've not been used a year from now, they'll go too.

Back
Top Bottom