Made new patches, requesting feedback

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
Hi Guys,

I'm still getting the hang of my AFX2, but I think I've got some pretty decent patches dialed in and would like to see what you guys think.

Clean is a Plexi, FX= light tremolo and/or some wacky delay with a split mixing in some Strymon style shimmer verb, some other basic stuff.
The goal here was some interesting pad type tones that'd still play nice with a little bit of finger picking or very simple modern rock riffs.
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Grisky Plexi Clean - by Rotti

Crunch is a Trainwreck pre into a Bad Cat poweramp, FX= light tremolo and/or an OD set to add a little boost & dirt, constant delay
Was going for a good red dirt country type break up, something with a little AC30 chime but still a nice low end.
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Grisky Trainwreck-Badcat Crunch - by Rotti

Heavy is a Badger 18 pre into a HBE poweramp, FX= switchable flanger, some delay & reverb, basic stuff.
Wanted a thick, full, harmonically rich crunch. Pretty high gain, but still leaves a good deal of room in the EQ for a lead to cut through.
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Grisky Suhr-Friedman Heavy - by Rotti

Lead is a SLO pre into an XTC poweramp, FX= a delay where the feedback is routed 100% into a phaser (inspired by the Greenhouse FX Retro Sky).
Tried to dial in something that was very forgiving and easy to play, easy to snag some pinch harmonics and such, without dialing in too much gain or saturation. I still wanted it to be tight enough to track... I feel like I'm in a pretty happy middle ground between the things I was going for.
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Grisky SLO-XTC Lead - by Rotti

Everything was dialed in with a Gibby LP Custom (mahogany body & neck, maple cap, ebony fretboard, 57 classic/57 classic+ covered pups) --> Line 6 Relay G55 wireless ("cable tone" activated) --> KRK studio headphones.

If you get a chance to try these and report back, I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know what guitar & set up you're using. Thanks dudes!

-Rotti

Not sure. I'm holding my guitar right now playing them. Which out are you using?
These are all fw12...? The expression 1 is linked to amp master vol modifier.

Last edited:
Not sure. I'm holding my guitar right now playing them. Which out are you using?
These are all fw12...? The expression 1 is linked to amp master vol modifier.

May have something to do with the vol modifier with expression pedal. I'm not using a pedal and I am running out of the main outs.

Try just removing the modifier (tied to poweramp vol on all presets)?
There's also modifiers on most (all?) of the delays if you're getting any really crazy feedback trails, etc.
Aside from those and the wahs (which should all be default = off) I don't think I have any expressions in use.

EDIT:
for anyone else having the same issue, the poweramp MV (NOT output level) should be...
Plexi cleans: 6
TW/BC crunch: 3
Badger/HBE heavy: 6
SLO/XTC lead: 10

Oh, and I'm only using scenes 1 & 2, switching and expression via Line 6 POD HD500.

Last edited:
That's really strange. What's your chain look like outside the afx2? Did you drop the modifiers and set the values to what I posted above?

Just straight out of my main xlr outs into powered studio monitors. I will have to dig at it again.

Anyone else have trouble with them?
In my cans they sound great to me, but a random situation the other day had me running thru a 4x12 cab (cab IRs turned off ), and the fx were overkill. Anyone else similar experience?

Back
Top Bottom