MAC's & Fractal Edit?

richb

Inspired
I'm at a point where I need to replace my laptop. I'm considering a MAC (for a number of reasons) and I wanted to know if there are any MAC users out there, and how the AX8 Edit and Fractal-Bot work with MAC products.
Thanks for any insight.

I have a Mac and AX8-Edit and Cab Lite and the update software all worked great right out of the box. The latest update of AX8-Edit seems to lose connection when my computer goes to sleep which is annoying but not a dealbreaker.

THANKS! Have you bought from them. I am looking at a refurb in excellent condition.

Yeah, I bought a 2012 MacBook for like $400. It works just great and gets plenty of use. I've bought hard disks, SSD and memory expansion in the past for my iMac. All good.

Don't be be afraid to buy something in "fair" condition. You save even more and it should only have cosmetic flaws.

Yeah, I bought a 2012 MacBook for like $400. It works just great and gets plenty of use. I've bought hard disks, SSD and memory expansion in the past for my iMac. All good.

Don't be be afraid to buy something in "fair" condition. You save even more and it should only have cosmetic flaws.
Yeah these guys have been around the Apple scene forever, and are dependable.

My Macbook pro 2014 runs Ax8-edit okay, but it drags a lot, and generating the amp/presets lists takes some time, compared to my 2013 laptop. I've tried asking here on the forum, but no-one seems to get why. My wifes Macbook Air (2016) does the same - lagging and slow.

I have been modding Mac's for a while. A bit of a hobby. I used to build my own pc's. Apple makes very stable machines, I am a big fan of all their equipment. I have an iPhone , iPad , and a Mac or three. The biggest plus is how they all communicate to each other through your free account. Texting, FaceTime, even making phone calls.
The iMac is a great all in one solution, the laptops are just as good. Great graphics and software that will last you a long time. But, my favorite is the Mac mini. It is a beautiful design. The newer ones are limited on upgrades, so you pretty much have to get it maxed right out of the gate($$$$).
My favorite is the late 2012 . I upgrade them to 16G ram. Dual drives, both on sata 3, with SSD drive for software and OS X (500GB). Second drive for data storage, standard drive with at least 2TB. I use a TV as a monitor. Netflix, HULU, YouTube. Axe edit on a big tv is pretty nice. And they are surprisingly cheap, by the time I am done. Around 5-600 .
And you can do it a little at a time. Buy the mini for 300, get a SSD later for 150, and that's for a really good one. Ram for 90. The SSD is the biggest wow factor. Startup from two minutes to 15 seconds...
Good luck , Mac's are more of an outlay of money at first, but they last a long time.

Recently got myself a new MacBook Pro. VERY HAPPY with it. All Fractal software runs smoothly.
Not to mention, portable...so I take it to gigs just in case I need to tweak my AX8. Easy to travel with for fly gigs and has GarageBand for fun as well. Kinda went all in with Apple a little while ago...phone, iPad, iMac (now MacBook Pro instead), Apple TV. Seemless integration is a trademark and it truly is these days.
You won't be disappointed...although you certainly can save $$ going with a PC.
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom