MacOS Catalina *WARNING* 64-bit Driver Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “driver” is what you load on your computer to let the Operating System communicate with the Hardware, it’s not something you install on the hardware itself.

It will work by you installing it on your Mac, and then you Mac will once again interface with your II.
This is why I stick to music:)

An updated driver is in beta test.
gosh, why i just did not saw this yesterday...
i've installed fkn Catalina and lost connection with my Axe FXII XL+
the drama is that i should play gig tomorrow & did not configured presets for that... u'll make me a happiest person if new driver will be released today

Ohhh. I just updated to Catalina and my axe inputs doesn't show up.. wanted to try the latest Ares in my Axe II. Hope the new driver works! Thank you Fractal. Got all excited with the new Firmware and wanted to try and my computer popped up with Updates and I updated first before reading.. my bad. :)

Opps, updated here too, guess i'll have to do my presets the old fashioned way for now!

Looks like no 32bit apps will run on the new MacOS either, might be something to bare in mind if anyone is using older software on newer OS. ;)

looks like i need to dig out my spdif->coaxial converter for now

for those who may not know, the headphone out of the 2015 and earlier macbook pros is also a mini-spdif out with the right cable !

gosh, why i just did not saw this yesterday...
i've installed fkn Catalina and lost connection with my Axe FXII XL+
the drama is that i should play gig tomorrow & did not configured presets for that... u'll make me a happiest person if new driver will be released today
The front panel doesn't require a new driver.

I installed Catalina on 3 Macs today and on each of them the installation process stalled ...

kinda funny cause the installation of the beta couldn’t have gone smoother.
Why are people upgrading though? What’s the big feature?
Shared note folders, funnily enough, are actually a pretty sweet thing to me. Also the iPad sidecar is pretty awesome on paper although I shattered my iPad so I can’t test it. There were a couple other things I was looking forward to but I’ve already forgotten haha. I keep my MacBook up to date pretty much no matter what, but the computer at the rehearsal space that runs our recording rig and everything won’t get updated until I can verify software compatibility on everything. Granted, in 14+ years of using Mac I’ve pretty much never run into the various issues that people scream about at every update. Not saying they don’t happen, just saying I’ve never been affected. Until now with the 32b thing but that’s just a minor inconvenience for my personal purposes.

generally, never update an OS if you do audio work. tons of plugins aren't working, also interfaces, etc. people in video don't upgrade either.

it's a general rule really.

I only just (after buying an external SSD for testing) upgraded to Mojave in the last couple of months. I came from Sierra so I was a fair way behind but it’s such a nightmare when things that work fine suddenly don’t.
Just don’t do it.

Opps, updated here too, guess i'll have to do my presets the old fashioned way for now!

Looks like no 32bit apps will run on the new MacOS either, might be something to bare in mind if anyone is using older software on newer OS. ;)

Oh dear, oh dear. Surely you read all about Catalina BEFORE upgrading? It has been trumpeted for the last couple of years that the next version of Mac OS will be 64-bit ONLY. It will NOT run ANY 32-bit apps, addons, plugins, utilities - nothing.

There is NO WAY that I will be upgrading my Mac from Mojave in the foreseeable future. There is nothing in the upgrade that I need or want. I have a Mac system that runs perfectly, does absolutely everything I ask it to do, and I have a bazillion add-ons, plug-ins (both processing ones and softsynths) that are 32-bit only and are so "legacy" that they won't be ported to 64-bit. Why the heck would I want to lose all that? I also run a Line 6 Helix Rack, and got a warning email from Line 6 NOT to upgrade to Catalina.

A friend upgraded, and he's doing multimedia at university - he's an idiot! He went to load a project in FinalCut Pro and another in Logic Pro X, and in both of them he discovered that several tracks simply didn't load due to using plug-ins that are 32-bit. On one project in particular, the legacy softsynth he used is responsible for the signature sounds he had for his soundtrack. Now - nothing. His FinalCut and his Logic work just fine, of course, but it's all the sounds, plug-ins, processing, etc that won't work on Catalina.

SO DO NOT UPGRADE....!!!!! Sheesh - how many times do people have to go through this before they learn?

generally, never update an OS if you do audio work. tons of plugins aren't working, also interfaces, etc. people in video don't upgrade either.

it's a general rule really.
Trudat. I "felt" like I was on Snow Leopard for years until finally moving onto High Sierra. My Mac Pro won't support Catalina, so High Sierra is the end for this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom