MacOS Catalina *WARNING* 64-bit Driver Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a way with some Mac Pro's that you could flash the firmware, meaning you could upgrade it to the latest OS?

I've read threads where some guys were working on it and were successful. However, the procedure was much more complicated than an average user to perform so they're working on a simpler workaround. We'll see. I'm not too torn about it. I'm sure high Sierra and/or Mojave has a few more years. My mac pro is 2010 dual quad core and runs near perfect still

Just received my first Axe FX II mk2 from reverb today, pre installed all of the software/drivers in anticipation, new about it being 64bit so updated to Catalina when that was released, did not anticipate the drivers not being 64bit.. man, been so excited for the longest time to try one of these bad boys out and now I'm dead in the water.

Appreciate all the commentary by everyone, but it shouldn't be this hard... We all spent several thousand $ in this piece of equipment, and some make a living with it.... Keeping everything working with major OS providers (Windows, Mac) should be done proactively by Fractal (in my opinion) not after the fact, leaving everybody stranded for some indefinite amount of time... Eagerly awaiting the updated drivers...

Appreciate all the commentary by everyone, but it shouldn't be this hard... We all spent several thousand $ in this piece of equipment, and some make a living with it.... Keeping everything working with major OS providers (Windows, Mac) should be done proactively by Fractal (in my opinion) not after the fact, leaving everybody stranded for some indefinite amount of time... Eagerly awaiting the updated drivers...
The current product, the III, does not need drivers so no issue. The II's have been discontinued for over a year & a half so consider yourself lucky Fractal is updating the driver at all.

I just don't understand this burning need to upgrade something so fundamentally important as an operating system, the day it comes out.
New features? Meh - nice if and when you get 'em, but you've not had them thus far, so....
Faster? Nope.

So what IS the rush? Fear of missing out on something? Man oh man - I learned that lesson back in the 1980s. Just WAIT.

Mac OS has been warning people for the last 2 versions that 32-bit apps will NOT work with future versions of the operating system. That would be Catalina. So why oh why cause trouble for yourselves? Everyone who is now complaining about this, that, or the other not working with Catalina has only themselves to blame. Yamaha, Line 6, almost all audio plug-in manufacturers, and many other software and hardware companies are frantically sending out warnings telling people NOT to upgrade. I gather that Apple only made the coding necessities available to outside companies very recently (?last week?)

As @notalemming posted above - you're lucky that Fractal are even looking at updating the driver for the Fx II.

A quick reminder to anybody who is freaking out about the release of Catalina, there are two solid workarounds that have been put forward earlier in this thread plus the good people at FAS have stated that there is a 64-bit driver bootloader in beta. That said, I'm certainly not recommending an 'upgrade' to Catalina -- I only made an external bootable copy of the Catalina beta to check what would break! :)

Happy to report that I am now testing beta 2 of the Axe-Fx II driver for Catalina, and it just passed the Fractal-Bot test.

Yay!

Thank you and hoping for a smooth fix. (I am in the midst of a creative surge and want to get some electric tracks down:) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom