Mackie TH-15A Thump Powered PA

Phostenix

Power User
I own a pair of Tapco TH-15A speakers (now Mackie branded) that I use with my Boss GT-Pro. I don't see any mention on this site of these speakers, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with running the Axe through them. The LF amp is class D, but the HF amp is A/B. There's no mention of any DSP circuitry in them, just EQ. I've been very happy with them, but I've not used them at very high volumes, either. I'm sure that most Axe owners are more discriminating about these things than I am, so I'm curious if you think these are up to the task if I upgrade to the Axe, or if I need to upgrade my speakers, too.

Not necessarily, If you are going to with an Axe I would audition the Mackie befor I would look to something better. I played through an SRM450 and they didn't sound to bad. With all FRFR you will have to do some tunning it's just how it is plain and simple. Why not tune your presets for what your running at the moment.

Not saying that there isn't better FR systems out there but you might be happy with what you have, you won't know untill you give it a shot. So Far the Reactor is the only FR system that I have played through that sounds amp like with th Axe. It gives the cleans that glass like top end and the dirties that three demintional sound that most everything else in that price range doesn't seam to have. The Verves run a close second but require re-tunning of presets to get close.

Back
Top Bottom