Machine Head - Remachined

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
It cant possibly be 40 years since I bought Machine Head by Deep Purple on vinyl but apparently it is.

In October an album Remachined is due for release featuring lots of well known artists. Here is a taster featuring Joe Bonamassa, playing a Stratocaster.

If I come across any more news I will post it on this thread.

Actually Remachined will be released in September. October is when the 40th Anniversary Deep Purple, Machine Head Album is released.

Track Listings for Remachined.

1. Smoke On The Water - Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
2. Highway Star - Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I m A Leo - Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
4. Pictures of Home - Black Label Society
5. Never Before - Kings of Chaos
6. Smoke On The Water - The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy - Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin - Iron Maiden
9. When A Blind Man Cries - Metallica
10. Highway Star - Glenn Hughes, Steve Vai, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley - (Exclusive track)

Amazon.com: Re-Machined: a Tribute to Machine Head: Music

Or the UK site.

Re-machined: A Tribute To Deep Purple's Machine Head: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Very cool, Machine Head was my very first album.
Still one of my favorites.
Thanks for sharing this.
Chris

REMACHINED official release dates:-

UK Classic Rock Magazine: September 3rd
Japan: September 5th
USA/Europe: September 24th
Australia/NZ: September 28th
UK retail: October 1st

You know you've recorded a GREAT album when (IMHO) Smoke on the Water is the 'worst' song on the album. Machine Head still kicks my ass to this day. I defy you to drive speed limit while listening to Highway Star. LOL!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The speed limit is easily done to Highway Star, whilst accelerating :)
Highway Star, is a song I love playing and the solo in Smoke on The Water is great but it is a pity the song has been played too many times usually just the opening riff badly by so many.

I'll definitely be looking out for in the fall. There was another Deep Purple tribute called, "Smoke On the Water,(a tribute)" put out a number of years back. It had the likes of Richie Kotzen, Reb Beach, Tony Harnell, Vinnie Moore, Tony MacAlpine, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie, John Norum, Jeff Scott Soto, etc. and still enjoy listening to it very much from time to time.

I'll have to look out for that one ^^

It's cool from the point that they intentionally produced it to a more analogue sound overall. Some of the playing is kept very respectable to DP and other tracks take a more interpreted path. One of my favorite tracks is "Hush" w/Jeff Scott Soto singing. Absolutely killer. Then Yngwie doing "Lazy". Sorry if I'm driving you nuts. But is a "must have" for a guitar/DP fan.

^^ Hush wasn't on Machine Head, but never mind I like Jeff Scott Soto, from the work he did with Yngwie.
Definitely not driving me nuts. good to exchange info.

Back
Top Bottom