Mac workaround for "full screen" mode

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
In System Preferences------>Accessability------> Zoom

You can hold down CTRL/ALT or any other assignable modifier key and use the mouse to zoom in.

Personally, I don't see the benefit of having a "proper" full screen mode, because if all the buttons scale up, it's the same as a zoom function and if they just become further apart because the background window gets bigger, it's further for the pointer to travel to get to the desired function.

Surely full screen mode is for those of us with poor eyesight?

Reactions: yek
i use zoom all the time on my laptop. i have a button on the side of my mouse dedicated to it, so with one click i can zoom in. you do lose a bit of resolution, but as you say, the distance between objects doesn't change. it would be nice to be able to resize the AE window though...

Ditto, me too. I'm getting older and my eye site is starting to get worse, because I look at monitors all day long. Zooming in is my friend, I do it constantly. I can barely read my iPhone anymore.

Ditto, me too. I'm getting older and my eye site is starting to get worse, because I look at monitors all day long. Zooming in is my friend, I do it constantly. I can barely read my iPhone anymore.

I thought it was just me with larger text enable on my iPhone?

Phew! I don't feel as old anymore lol

Yes, I'm hoping Apple will increase the screen size for the '14 model.

Yes, I'm hoping Apple will increase the screen size for the '14 model.

Man, I sure hope so. Its getting kind of sad for me personally. I'm not switching to another brand of phone as everything in the Apple ecosystem works great when there are all in concert with each other. The reality is, if I take my contacts out I can see the phone no problem, Vanity....Geesh.

Bifocal contacts work surprisingly well. They use concentric rings of alternating diopters and your brain just sorts it out like magic. I've also used "monovision" contacts, where you have one contact for closework in one eye and one for far sight in the other. It takes a day or so, but your brain adjusts somehow, and you can't tell you've got two different contacts in. You can just see no matter what. The only downside is if you're looking into something small and the only eye that can focus is the one with the far vision correction, or vice-versa. Doesn't happen often, but it's frustrating when it does.

Time for glasses bud :D funny thing,my wife started using readers about 4 yrs ago,so of course I made fun of her,6 months later I was using them,Now we both have real glasses, this getting old sucks :D

I use a touch screen laptop and its easier with bigger knobs and switches. M@ said they will make it full screen in the future.

Here's my Mac "workaround," the ipad.

36 amp parameters/settings, amp selection, and block display selection at the bottom (toggles to second row of blocks). As you can see, it's capable of displaying parameters for two blocks at once

I use it because it's fast: no-mouse, direct access, minimal navigation.

9627161990_89b43fec50_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom