Mac USB Audio Out not working?

Really stumped on this one, so I hope you guys can help.

Set up is Mac to FM9 with USB cable. Suddenly my spotify or youtube backing tracks are not playing through my studio speakers when FM9 is selected in the system settings.

When I play spotify through the internal Mac speakers, I get sound. When I switch to FM9 in the system settings, I get no sound, but on the meters page on the FM9 I do get alive meters on Analog Out and USB In (1 and 2).

So to eliminate the Mac as the issue, I tried my Axe-FX III plugging into the same USB cable, spotify and Youtube play through just fine.

I've reset the FM9, and re-installed the system settings from backup as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Probably something like having the usb input level turned down in the i/o settings. Or playback is being sent to a different output.

Rule number one when you find yourself saying "how come I don't hear anything?": go to the main screen meters page and check the inputs and outputs. That will show you where the problem lies.

Probably something like having the usb input level turned down in the i/o settings. Or playback is being sent to a different output.

Rule number one when you find yourself saying "how come I don't hear anything?": go to the main screen meters page and check the inputs and outputs. That will show you where the problem lies.
I looked at the main screen meters and even with no sound out to the speakers , USB In 1 and 2 are alive, and Analog Out L & R are as well. Is that the meters that you're referring to?

Back
Top Bottom