Mac OSX El Capitan upgrade from Yosemite

I have no plans to upgrade at home. Old Macs. They're running fine with Yosemite. Nothing compelling in El Cap that I want to use. I think, for the first time ever, I'm just going to stay put.

i upgraded, haven't had any issues whatsoever with Bot or Edit, couldn't get CabLab going in Live mode so I need to investigate that a bit further.

does anyone have an issue where if you boot up the Axe-FX II whilst it is connected to the Mac ... the mac does not recognise it?

I have to boot up the Axe-FX without it connected and then plug it in once it has booted ... it works fine then.

this only started happening after El Capitan, tried re-instlling the drivers ,,, but that made no difference

I have to eat some crow here: I upgraded both our home Macs (wife's '10 MBPro and my '07 iMac). Experience has been so-so. There's a lot of UI oddness that's uncharacteristically Apple going on. And cloudd has a habit of crashing when my Mac returns from sleep.

But audio processing via my Focusrite and my Axe-Fx II XL+ have been aces. GarageBand and even my trusty old Logic 9 have been running fine. I find myself using GarageBand more and more when I just need to do some quick clip for SoundCloud or the forum though. Boots faster, simple UI means I just get it done and get out of the software. That's pretty cool.

Photos seems to be running better than it was in Yosemite. The whole computer actually feels a little snappier than it did with Yosemite on it, really.

And I've gone back to Safari full time on the home machines. With pinned tabs and Cmd-# switching for tabs back in Safari there's nothing hold me to Chrome for browsing. Safari definitely runs faster and less-hot than Chrome does. Chrome still has better debugging tools though.

I find the midi in El Capitan flaky at best.Logic pro x hangs often and the only way is to restart Logic. My Tripleplay software hang often and the only way is to restart my mac pro.Some usb hard drives are not detected at startup,a quick disconnect /reconnect of the USB cable fixes that.Best for me is to restart the machine(normally i don't ever turn my computers off) and than star the axe fx and axe edit.My Apogee firewire interface is from this upgrade onwards not supported by Apogee,still working but flaky, if have to switch from 44 to 48Hz or visa versa often for it to work.

For me, all the FAS software/hardware
works perfectly with El Cap, but there are numerous other issues with Kontakt, Fishman and other music related software and drivers that have kept me from upgrading my main music Mac .

For me, all the FAS software/hardware
works perfectly with El Cap, but there are numerous other issues with Kontakt, Fishman and other music related software and drivers that have kept me from upgrading my main music Mac .
that being said, using just a new MacBook (usb C) with only Logic and FAS software installed in el cap is extremely pleasant and snappy, using AFXII as only interface .

Only issue I had was Fractal Bot had to be re-installed due to it not being the latest version. After that... no issues thus far. Everything out of the gate as far as drivers, Cab Lab 2 & 3, Axe Edit and connectivity... no probs. (Mac Pro)

Back
Top Bottom