Mac OS Catalina: no 32-bit apps

seclusion

Experienced
Just curious if Ax8 Edit might be updated to support Mac OS in 64 bit?
With the next OS Catalina coming out in a month or so all 32 bit apps will not work, this includes Ax8 edit.

It's only a must if you update to Catalina. My studio iMac is still very happily running High Sierra with no problems - and I have no plans to update it beyond that apart from security updates to High Sierra. There is nothing compelling in Catalina to make an upgrade either necessary or tempting. I also have a lot of apps, utilities, etc that I currently can't live without - all 32-bit. So nope - it's no Catalina for me. Nobody will force you to update, as long as you have automatic updates turned off.

Yes, when it's your studio/DAW Mac then it's not such a problem because it's more of a stable environment (I know a guy still on Snow Leopard with Protools LE8 and recording without any problems, not a Fractal user BTW), but when it's your 'everyday' use Mac, maybe you'd want to be up to date with the OS...

I'm fine on Sierra with my 2010 MBP, but maybe in one or two years i'll get a new iMac. Hope AX8-edit runs fine with it by then.

Back
Top Bottom