Mac OS 11 Big Sur, any issue so far?

Mark Al

Inspired
Have anyone installed the new Mac OS Big Sur released today? Any compatibility issue known to AXE III Edit, Bot, etc? thanks.

The beta was fine.

After a rocky start, it was finally possible to download the release version at about 8PM tonight. (I had to VPN to Australia to do so).

I'll confirm compatibility with the release version of OS11 once I get things installed and tested.

The beta was fine.

After a rocky start, it was finally possible to download the release version at about 8PM tonight. (I had to VPN to Australia to do so).

I'll confirm compatibility with the release version of OS11 once I get things installed and tested.
yeah i'm still trying, stuck after the download finished, but it's not installing. i just completely wiped my main laptop too, so i'm starting from scratch.

seems par for the course when thousands (millions?) of machines are trying to update at the same time :D

chicken to download big sur for my iMac lol till you guys give it the OK :)
i honestly see no rush unless you absolutely need the new features it brings. other audio apps, drivers and plugins usually don't work with any new OS for months (or even years). since Edit just communicates with gear and doesn't really handle audio it should be fine.

i finally got it to start actually installing so i'll see what happens soon.

Im on 11.0.1RC beta 2 but honestly don't do much of anything but browse and social media stuff on here. I think this beta is same build as the final release.

finally got it installed, haven't done any Fractal stuff yet, sorry. might have to wait till tomorrow as i'm doing my day job stuff.

but so far everything is great and i really like the look and feel of it. much better than some of the early public betas. this is looking good!

I've gotten emails from UAD, Avid, Eventide, Reason and others that caution their software is not yet compatible with Big Sur. Not surprising, as Big Sur is a major upgrade. I'm too reliant on existing workflows to be an early adopter on this one. If one is using the Axe FX 3 with Logic or other Apple apps and with USB class compliant controllers or interfaces, I expect those would be good to go straight out of the gate. I've usually been one for waiting a few months until the third party developers have stable updates, and Apple has the v .1 out for bug fixes.

Last edited:
I have Big Sur 11.01 installed on my MacBook Pro.
I’m running Axe Edit 1.07.01, FM3 1.01.10, and Fractal Bot and everything is working perfectly.

Installed Mac OS X 11 and tested Axe Edit III (Version 1.07.01) on Axe-Fx III 14.04 seemed to work fine, Big Sur came with updated Logic Pro X too didn't have any issue this morning, thus far.

Back
Top Bottom