Mac Mini for Music

slinky005

Power User
Just found out about these.
They look friggin' amazing and reasonably priced considering what you can get.
Anyone using them with Cubase?
Over on their forum I'm not seeing a lot of positive reviews.
Apparently Mojave is not 100% for musicians yet.

I just got one and use it with Logic. It works great and it has Mojave on it. No issues with it.

I've had my Mac mini since 2012, still running strong on the latest OS. I use reaper as my daw with various plugins and have never had an issue at all.

2012 Mac Mini here, too; latest OS, Running Logic Pro X.

My biggest gripe is that I wasn't told that Logic Pro 9 would't work when I updated my OS a few updates ago - so I was basically coerced into upgrading. it's okay, it's a better program, but I was perfectly happy with 9 lol!

would love to get one of these - funny as I sold all my monitors (laptops and iMac these days) but we shall see what the future holds.

They're fantastic. I have a 2011 model that runs final cut and pro tools with no issues.

I'm budget minded, I bought a used one at a good price in 2011 and later put a 750g SSD for the main drive and a large standard drive for storage. A relative gave me a 37 inch TV they were upgrading so thats my monitor. My wife laughs everytime she walks in the room, but hey, it works for me. I'm stuck at Yosemite OS but it doesn't matter so far.

Back
Top Bottom