Mac Mini for music production. Thoughts?

When it comes to working off project files/audio, do most of you use your internal HDD or an external? I'd imagine read/write speeds, esp with a SSD drive, would be advantageous in this regard...
I use an external SSD which is wicked fast.

the internal drives on the new mac mini's are like lightning 1400Mb/s write and 2700Mb/s read on mine at the moment (i've got the 256Gb...the larger ones are even faster). i keep my samples and archived project files on external SSD's.

I also got the new Mac Mini, Works great, and the price is relatively affordable compared to Mac pro when comparing specs.

I use a 2012/2013 mini with reaper. Heaviest project load is probably Superior drummer split out to multi tracks (usually 8 total for drums) plus 8-16 tracks for guitars and bass. Never slows down a bit. I think it's only got 16gb of RAM, I know the processor is quad core but I don't remember what speed or chip. Internal drive is upgraded to an SSD and I use an external for project files.

I can imagine Superior Drummer adds a load. Thats a massive library of content. I'm thinking about getting that down the road

Back
Top Bottom