Mac Help!! Neither OSX (10.6.8), logic nor Pro Tools recognizes my axe fx XL

ByTheHandOf

Inspired
I want to do some tonematching with my triaxis and my mesa cabinets, but i can't send the recordings I have made if these to the AxeFx, as it doesn't show up in any of my sound device settings. I have a lot of experience in using various soundcards etc, so I am pretty sure I am looking all the right places...

I have installed the newest drivers, and the axe-edit and the fractal-bot works just fine from both my computers.

Axe-Fx II USB Setup (167) for OS X
(Jun 21 2013) - Disk Image - Required for Axe-Fx II USB Audio and MIDI-over-USB functionality under Max OS X. Requires 10.5.7 for MIDI-over-USB and 10.7.4 for USB Audio.

Looks like the version of OSX you have is an earlier version than the driver supports for Audio.

Wuhoo, it worked!! Thanx Simeon. Fractal bot and axedit seems to be working as well on the old driver :)

Edit: After installing old driver, Fractal-Bot times out when i try to back-up. Everything else works just fine...

Last edited:
it's not perfect...the buffer in the axe fx will fill up, but i've not noticed any effect on the sound once it does...

Back
Top Bottom