Mac Catalina Help

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Upgrading to Catalina has disabled my Slate audio plugins in Logic. The Slate customer service rep told me "I can't officially tell you how to do this step by step to make your Slate Audio plugins enabled, but......do this - disable SIP and copy an older version of Auvaltool from a previous OS X and paste it into the /usr/bin of the Catalina machine."

Here's what I found online to disable SIP:

1. Command+R and power up to boot into recovery mode
2. Open Terminal and type csrutil disable to turn off SIP
3. Copy the auvaltool from the usr/bin of a previous OS X and paste it into the usr/bin of the Catalina machine (Finder / Go To / /usr/bin)
4. Restart and once again Command+R, open terminal and type csrutil enable, restart to use as normal.

The problem I'm encountering is that disabling SIP still doesn't allow me to write (paste a previous auvaltool file version) into the /usr/bin as it would have in previous OS X systems. I have a MacBook Pro, so I got the Auvaltool file from that machine.

Is there a way to unlock and copy/paste this alternative auvaltool version into the /usr/bin on the Catalina OS X?

I don't know anything about TERMINAL commands in a Mac, so, if there are SUDO commands, or something else - I need help with that process.

Any help from a pro would be helpful to get my Slate plugins to pass authentication in LOGIC.

Thanks

Are you rebooting after you disable the SIP with the csrutil disable command, and BEFORE you try to copy the auvaltool into that folder?

You do need to reboot for the disabled SIP to be recognised. And if you're happy to run the machine without SIP (it helps a few things to run with it disabled, including utilities like TotalFinder), don't bother doing the csrutil enable bit.

Yes, I did it the way you suggested. I think Catalina is a whole new OS and they intended to make it not writable. Therefore, I think I must wait for Slate to issue a patch to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom