Mac Audio Cuts Out

I'm using my Axe3 as my audio interface. Everything will be working fine and then out of nowhere the audio from my mac, such as itunes, will quit and I can get it back. The guitar signal remains uneffected. I've checked that the Axe is still the input and output source on my mac. Sometimes when I reboot everything it comes back but not always.

The audio periodically (not often) cuts out on me and I just pull the usb cable out and plug it back in. That always works for me.

Make sure the buffer size is set high enough to handle the audio stream. I keep my III's USB Buffer Size around 32 or 64 depending on what I'm doing.

I had this issue yesterday as well. iTunes hiccuped one time then a minute later no sound. iTunes was still playing just no sound from the AFX. Switched output to internal speakers on the iMac it had sound, switch back to AFX USB audio no sound from the mac. Disconnected and plugged back in USB cable several times nothing. Rebooting the AFX fixed it. Of note this happened while working in a modifier menu in Axe Edit III. Setting a midi expression pedal to control output level and gain on a filter block.

Back
Top Bottom