Mac and Axe II ... nothing ... help !!!

No issues with 10.6.8, Logic 9.1.8, and Axe 9.02, apart from the odd screen flicker on the Axe while using it as an interface. Just recorded two projects, all guitars and basses through the axe as an interface, and had no issues.

All paid, however. If your Logic isn't, then that's your issue.

Edit: The mac can be switched on before you plug in the Axe. Logic will detect a new interface (if the drivers are good) and will give you the option to switch to the new interface.

My Logic is paid ;) will tey it later and let u know !!
Just in case it doesnt work, I have an apogee one, I supose I can plug output mono there right ?

Hey guys ,,, as u know I m pretty new here, in fact, 3rd day with the axe fx, happy with it, sounds awsome into my monitors BUT I tried today to record something via USB, I download and install the mac drivers, couple of times, reboot the axe fx ... and still nothing happen, AXE FX II is not here in any settings ... runing mac 10.6.8 and new axe so it´s 9.02 I guess .... any tips ? THANKS

When I use LOGIC 9 I have to go into LOGIC PRO--PREFERENCES-AUDIO and change the input and output. I don't re-amp or do anything fancy, so I change the input device to the Axe and leave the output to BUILT IN OUTPUT. Sometimes it detects when I plug in the Axe if Logic is already running, but it seldom detects it if I plug the Axe in first and then launch LOGIC.

PS - it always detects it if I unplug the Axe with a LOGIC session opened because then it has no input device anymore.

Check your Audio MIDI Setup, the Axe driver should be visible and active there with midi in/out channel 1 (default). In Logic, open Preferences => Audio, and select Axe as Input device (Output device remains as your speaker connection e.g. via Duet), apply changes and that's about it! Next thing you most probably want to do is tweaking your sound and/or reamping, use the Looper Looper (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki or this method Axe-FX II Tutorial (en): Reamping with Logic Audio - YouTube. I would prefer using the Looper as you can dial your sound anywhere, at least try it! Have fun :D

ok so .. it seems it was the cable hahahhahaa .... I m gonna try to record something today with Logic and see how it works :p ... do u use a stereo track ? ...

I usually use three tracks. Two for the amp feed coming from the axe (L + R) and one instrument track for reamping, rather than two more. My reasoning is that the effected signal from the Axe is in stereo, but the guitar (for reamping purposes) is in mono.

Yep, I use stereo tracks. I usually go wild & crazy and multiply tracks for additional effects or do the wet/dry/wet thing...

ok people ...will take a look and see the wiki about it :) thx for all your help ... oh... for those who didn´t read the post ... it was the cable haha ... everything is working fine now with 10.6.8 ... :)

Back
Top Bottom