M13 as midi controller (possibly silly question)

james...

Experienced
So right now I have a ground control pro I'm using to control an Axe FX Standard. I only use it for simple patch changes. That's it basically. No cc changes or expression or anything. Just PC messages. I kind of feel like I'm wasting it.

What I really want to do is get an M13 and use it like a stombox in front of the axe fx, and also at the same time use it to switch patches on the axe.

Is this possible? I googled it and am getting mixed reports.

I used my M13 with an ultra for a while. The main issue is that it's quite limited control wise as you cannot change the number assigned to each preset in it, so if you're only target is to change programs it can be ok, but don't ask much more to it.

Yeah I figured as much. I feel like I'm putting the GCP to waste when I could basically sell it and use the money to buy an m13 which will do the same thing for me and give me some more firepower to boot.

Another interesting option is using an HD500 to control the Axe, I know it sounds overkill, but it has all the features of the M13 + improved midi control. It works perfect for me because I also use variax guitars and sometimes I need to throw in some quick stomp type effects in.
I was able to trade my M13 for something like 50€ less than I paid for the HD500, so it was kind of a good change for me.

Back
Top Bottom