Lynyrd Skynyrd and/or ZZ Top preset help.

Fractal has so many great tones and presets, but I am having trouble finding a good fit for a Skynyrd tone, and for a ZZ Top tone ...anyone have any ideas on some amp , cab , and pedal combinations that would fit ?
Thanks

I really like the Friedman SmallBox through one of the factory TV mix 4x12, or better yet the new Ownhammer 4x12 for Tush era ZZ top, maybe give that a go?

oh great thank you I will try those....funny that we have so many PERFECT examples for something as intricate as Van Halen but nothing for these 2 equally impressive tone gods haha

.Try the Lonestar for Skynyrd and Dewwzil's Bman for ZZ. It might get you close to what you are looking for. The Lonestar uses 2 user cabs so I included those as well. Just load them into your cab library.

Attachments

• TX Star JC.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 106
  • JC ConFusion.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 94
  • U026_TAF_StarFound_MIX_ROOM.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 96
  • U029_JBL E130 SM57 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 93
oh wow thanks GJ ...i downloaded those will try them later this evening thank you so much ...nice to know others have searched around for these tones as well

They were all about guitars. Loved them back then... the original guys were top notch. In the 70's some great guitar players lost to cars (Duane Allman) and planes (Van Zandt for one, SRV later)

I don't how you'd find it hard to find a fit for their tones....pretty much every amp they could have ever used is in the box

Rob, here are two ZZ presets for humbuckers (LP) I use for a few songs we play that come close enough. They are AxeFx2XL+ so you will need to convert in fractool. I use the Plexi for Tush and La Grange (dial guitar volume back for intro) and the Fender for Just Got Paid (Billy's muddier tone). Hope they work out for ya.

Attachments

• ZZ PLEXI.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 116
  • ZZ FENDER.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 93
Rob, here are two ZZ presets for humbuckers (LP) I use for a few songs we play that come close enough. They are AxeFx2XL+ so you will need to convert in fractool. I use the Plexi for Tush and La Grange (dial guitar volume back for intro) and the Fender for Just Got Paid (Billy's muddier tone). Hope they work out for ya.
Thanks I will try these !!!

Back
Top Bottom