LXII status?

Has anyone heard anything on Fryette's LXII poweramp? There was a little activity last fall when some demo videos were posted but I haven't heard anything in awhile.

I've been wanting something like this for a long time! Has the project been axed? (pun intended)

Last I heard was spring 2014. That was on their Facebook page. I'm eagerly awaiting it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think they said that they had redesigned it from the model in the YouTube video to make it more useful hence the long wait.

Just had a E mail back from them :

03/10/2014

Thank you for contacting FRYETTE AMPLIFICATION support.

In the last months there have been some improvements to the LXII design,
so it has not yet been released from final approval. I would love to
tell you that it is going to ship on an exact date, but I do not have
that information yet. We are hoping to make it available sometime in
April, but that is juust an approximation. We will post an update of
progtress on this model on our facebook page as soon as we have any new
information about it.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Dave

Fryette Support Team

Steven Fryette Design, Inc.
Fryette Amplification
6850 Vineland Ave. Unit P
N. Hollywood, CA 91605
Tel: 818-980-2800
Fax: 818-980-2802
email: support@fryette.co

Wish they'd give the end design specs too. Still thanks for sharing the new info. Pretty sure I've annoyed them with an email once a month haha. I'm holding onto my carvin for now, sent back a Koch power amp, and still trying to not buy a vht/fryette 2/50/2 right now. COME ON LXII!

2/90 is 6L6 2/50 is el-34.
I had a 2/50/2 for a bit , very nice amp to use with the Axe Fx. My buddy needed it and is gigging so he is using it ......for now :)

I've had both the 2:90:2 and the 2:50:2. I much prefer EL34's over the KT88's. Probably why I prefer my Uberschall over the Twin Jet.

Hi, (not to jump the thread) but I am getting a mint 2/50/2 tomorrow. Any major differences between the 2/90/2 and the 2/50/2? (other that output :)

Thanks,
D

I've had both, but not at the same time. I decided to go for the KT88's this time for something different as I have a Bogner Shiva (el34) if I want to tap into that type of power tube. It's a Fryette design, so both are REALLY REALLY good. I've been using mine for a W/D/W rig lately so it's handling all the effects etc. After I sold my 2502, I regretted not keeping a stereo tube power amp around, so regardless of how I use it for my analog rig, or for my AXE rig, I'm keeping this one!

The main difference in the tube type is the el34's will break up sooner and slightly differently, the KT88's are more linear and less breakup. I've heard the "KT" stands for Kinkless Tube, meaning on a chart there are less frequency bumps vs. an el34 which has a mid range spike.

I've had both, but not at the same time. I decided to go for the KT88's this time for something different as I have a Bogner Shiva (el34) if I want to tap into that type of power tube. It's a Fryette design, so both are REALLY REALLY good. I've been using mine for a W/D/W rig lately so it's handling all the effects etc. After I sold my 2502, I regretted not keeping a stereo tube power amp around, so regardless of how I use it for my analog rig, or for my AXE rig, I'm keeping this one!

The main difference in the tube type is the el34's will break up sooner and slightly differently, the KT88's are more linear and less breakup. I've heard the "KT" stands for Kinkless Tube, meaning on a chart there are less frequency bumps vs. an el34 which has a mid range spike.

thx

Yes it would. I'm just being negative nancy. They just stink at estimation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounded like they were just about to release it years ago and then dedcided to change some of its architecture. Im hoping that it comes out soon otherwise I'm getting a martrix 1u

Back
Top Bottom