Lush lead tone....

FarleyUK

Inspired
Here's something I've been playing with lately... what FX etc. are you guys using for your solos? Currently, I'm just using a dual delay, set to 500 and 750ms in stereo. Adds some nice depth, and if I add a chorus in parallel it adds a bit of thickness that makes it stand out a bit more as well...

Show me what you got!

The Stereo BBD is my jam at the moment, 600ms and a 90% ratio. I also dig the Multidelay and a Delay block in parallel for a Lexicon PCM 70 style circular/pan delay.

Deminton 1 Chorus with settings of 75% width, 20% mix .250Hz rate, 15% depth! .10ms Delay, 6 Voice! Great sounding Chorus that doesn't get in the way.

I like to use Scene 2 for my leads (and fills sometimes). I set up my AX8 so that footswitch 1 = Scene 1 and footswitch 5 = Scene 2. I set Scene 2 with the same amp as the preset in the Y state. I then tweak the input drive and the output volume so that my lead sounds like the same amp, only more driven. I like my leads to sound like the same amp as the preset. As I have mentioned before, I am an old school guy. i approach my AX8 as if it were a "real amp" so if a song calls for an AC30 sound I use that preset and I want my lead to sound like a pushed AC30, not some other amp.

I like to use Scene 2 for my leads (and fills sometimes). I set up my AX8 so that footswitch 1 = Scene 1 and footswitch 5 = Scene 2. I set Scene 2 with the same amp as the preset in the Y state. I then tweak the input drive and the output volume so that my lead sounds like the same amp, only more driven. I like my leads to sound like the same amp as the preset. As I have mentioned before, I am an old school guy. i approach my AX8 as if it were a "real amp" so if a song calls for an AC30 sound I use that preset and I want my lead to sound like a pushed AC30, not some other amp.

Yeah - I tend to use a boost of some kind in front of the amp as well; currently using a Micro Boost in front of the HBE / JCM #34, depending on my mood....

@FarleyUK In the delay block, attach a modifier to Mix : source Pitch. My settings are for a guitar tuned in Db

min-max 1%-15%
slope 100%
scale 2.5
Offset 50%
Damping 666

The delay will reveal itself in the middle of the 4th string. The inertia from the high damping allows to play a few high notes and go down before it adds delay, similarly, after the delay is well activated, it stays so when playing a few lower notes, or chords.

I also attach the pitch to diffusion and level, at least level is necessary to counterbalance the mix %.

Back
Top Bottom