Lunar Eclipse tonight

sskkmm

Power User
We have beautiful clear skies tonight, so looking forward to a near-full eclipse at 11pm. Can also see several planets lined up...Venus, Saturn, Jupiter are all bright. A hint of Neptune but moon is too bright right now. I was using my sky app to check the other bright stars and of course had to snap this one..

IMG_0031.jpeg

Cool....I forgot about this until I read your post. Just had a look outside and it's lightly cloudy so viewing will be good.

It's starting in about 1/2 hour but it'll be 4:02AM local time before it reaches the maximum so I'm not sure if I'll make it.

Thank you for posting this. Aside from seeing Mars through an 60's telescope that used to be at the Naval Academy, in which I could see the polar cap, that was the coolest celestial event I've ever seen. (I always seem to miss the comets!)
I saw the solar eclipse in 17, I believe it was, but from what I can remember, this was cooler! If not for your post, I'd have missed this. 👍

We had great clear skies and I'm always up at that time anyway, so I set up the camera and tripod to take some photos. Unfortunately, my Nikon really needs some better lenses, so the pics I got were nothing to write home about.

We had great clear skies and I'm always up at that time anyway, so I set up the camera and tripod to take some photos. Unfortunately, my Nikon really needs some better lenses, so the pics I got were nothing to write home about.

Nighttime photography is no joke. I reached the limit of my gear about 10 years ago
and decided to tap out. If I had more disposable cash (not destined for more guitars!)
that is certainly an area I would invest in for sure. :)

We have beautiful clear skies tonight, so looking forward to a near-full eclipse at 11pm. Can also see several planets lined up...Venus, Saturn, Jupiter are all bright. A hint of Neptune but moon is too bright right now. I was using my sky app to check the other bright stars and of course had to snap this one..

View attachment 91834
Here in the Florida panhandle the lunar eclipse was at three something in the morning. I kinda slept through it.

But we did see the international space station go over the last three nights that was really cool.

Nighttime photography is no joke. I reached the limit of my gear about 10 years ago
and decided to tap out. If I had more disposable cash (not destined for more guitars!)
that is certainly an area I would invest in for sure. :)
I found a used Tamron 150mm - 600mm on a Black Friday sale at Adorama yesterday. Should be here in a week or so. I spent money from my gear fund...decided that "gear" didn't need to be limited to guitar stuff, lol. (Plus, I've got too many guitars as it is.) I like taking wildlife shots too, and a decent longer telephoto has been on my want list for ages.

Back
Top Bottom