Wish Lukather Lead Patch

ron

Hi All

Is anybody in the community who has a cool Steve Lukather Patch for the Ultra and would like to share it?
I would love it;)

I assume you mean for solo's etc, then I found it easier to make my own. They are easy to make. For a relatively modern take on Luke's sound (90's & 2000's) Just use the CAE Lead amp block, and adjust the gain to suit your guitar. Steal the delay blocks from the 'panned delays' and 'circular delays' factory presets. Put them in parallel with each other, and ajust the level to taste. Don't use any reverb or chorus. That's really about it.

I agree!

A light chorus (low depth and rate) after the cab block can help you aswell, depending on which of his sounds you're after.
As for cabs, I found the 4x12 german to be most convincing with the CAE lead. And play with the master/drive parameters to reduce blurryness. Good luck! :)

Hi craiguitar

Thank you very much for your support, i was the hole time thinking the secret has to do with the chorus adjustments, anyway I will try it this week.

cheers - ron

Hi calleballe11

You confirm the answer from craiguitar thats cool so I am on a good way to found the information were Im looking for.
Many thanks for the support Guys.

cheers - ron

For me, the best Luke (80ies) sounds / demos were the Landau patches from joCCe:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/search.php?searchid=1726467
They will sound different now, but you can steal good stuff from those (Enzo's Tri-Chorus, circular delay, ...)

I don't think the circular delay in the stock presets is the correct one. Steal these or look for Niklas Nilsson's info / FX block.
There are one or two great Luke threads somewhere here.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/53640-lukather-s-sound.html (has links to the other ones)

Last edited:
Hi Craiguitar

last nigt I tried to create this sound, but i could not found the CAE Lead amp block, I have a axe Ultra unit with Firmeware Version 11, is it possible that you did use a FXII
for a Lukather patch?

Cheers - Ron

That's two times in a row... It seems these id's change when a new user subscribes or something...

Search for the started threads by former user "joCCe" and check all of those. It's very worthwhile.
Best stuff I've heard (playing taste / sound) along with Enzo Sutera.

Hi vAmp
Thanks for your quick answer I have found it and will try it this evening.

cheers - Ron

Ron,

Send me a PM with your email address. I have the "old" Luke and Landau presets from my Ultra days on my computer still. Its those created by JoCCe etc..

Hi Craiguitar

last nigt I tried to create this sound, but i could not found the CAE Lead amp block, I have a axe Ultra unit with Firmeware Version 11, is it possible that you did use a FXII
for a Lukather patch?

Cheers - Ron

Hi Ron
Well I use an Axe II now, but I used to use an Ultra, and I found one of my old presets from an old backup. Not sure if it will be any use to you but here goes...

Attachments

• CAE3+LEAD.syx
    2 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom