Lucretia FW18.10 USA Lead

ezvictor

Inspired
I recorded this song a few years back with my standard. I just figured what the heck I'll do it again.

I just kinda blindly picked my USA Lead preset. I loosely followed Clark Kent's Petrucci Settings and used a CK USA TRAD E609 C1 cab IR. I panned that hard to the right and just switched to another USA TRAD IR...MD421 A1 I believe. I then panned that hard left. I enjoy playing that riff so much that I added a third rhythm track. Its a duplicate of the MD421 track just slightly off center. The IRs are from Clark's ACE folder.

For the lead I just used the factory Euro Red preset with the drive engaged. The delay on the lead track is from Garageband. Everything else is completely dry (axe fx only) and direct via USB. The lead starts around 2:22 seconds...Of course please excuse the clams and lack of Marty-ness and Mustain-liness. I am but a mortal.

***EDITED***
preset below:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - USA Lead - by ezvictor

Attachments

• USA Lead.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I recorded this song a few years back with my standard. I just figured what the heck I'll do it again.

I just kinda blindly picked my USA Lead preset. I loosely followed Clark Kent's Petrucci Settings and used a CK USA TRAD E609 C1 cab IR. I panned that hard to the right and just switched to another USA TRAD IR...MD421 A1 I believe. I then panned that hard left. I enjoy playing that riff so much that I added a third rhythm track. Its a duplicate of the MD421 track just slightly off center. The IRs are from Clark's ACE folder.

For the lead I just used the factory Euro Red preset with the drive engaged. The delay on the lead track is from Garageband. Everything else is completely dry (axe fx only) and direct via USB. The lead starts around 2:22 seconds...Of course please excuse the clams and lack of Marty-ness and Mustain-liness. I am but a mortal.

If anyone is interested in the preset, I can upload it.

Please upload!

Good job playing in the pocket. I'd like to hear more of that here.
Definitely in the Mustaine realm on vocals.

Good job playing in the pocket. I'd like to hear more of that here.
Definitely in the Mustaine realm on vocals.

Thanks for all the kind replies.

The vocals are from the backing track. I adjusted the pitch using garage band so I wouldn't need to retune.

I uploaded the preset. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Love this magic black box.

As sick I am have been, this got me off the couch in the den, fired up the computer, downloaded the patch. I look very much forward to playing!

Even flow sounds great as well!

Do you do it 1/2 step down?
I think it sounds awesome! Great playing, very Marty in my opinion, that dude's phrasing is so unique, I think you replicated it very well.

This is the song that really got me into Megadeth man, and wow what a great job. The solo was soooo close, all the feel and control was there for sure!

Back
Top Bottom