LPD Tone Clone Presets - '68 Marshall Plexi Super Lead Refined AxeFxII

groovenut

Power User
This is the first time I have tried this approach with any tone match, let alone one as difficult as matching an amp from an audio file. This preset has two cab blocks each loaded with a custom IR and then a TMA after that.

The playing is not as close to the original as I would have hoped but it will have to do. I think the tones are fairly close. The palm muting is the only discrepancy.

Enjoy!

Here is the preset and custom cab IRs

Axe-Change - Download Preset - LPD Tone Clone '68 Plexi Refine - by Groovenut
Axe-Change - Download Other - '68 Plexi TM1 - by Groovenut
Axe-Change - Download Other - '68 Plexi TM2 - by Groovenut

You have to load the cab IRs into their respective cabs or the preset will sound nothing like it is intended. #111 goes into Cab1, #112 goes into Cab2

Last edited:
I think someone should post a demo of this preset in action with their rig.

I would love to hear how this preset translates with other guitars.

Holy shizzle Groovester, that sounds chewy as f$&k! I have to send this to my friend who plays through another modeler not worth mentioning and says these types of organic tones aren't possible with the axe. They are totally possible and far exceed what is possible with his unit. This is his type of tone to the letter so I can't wait to attempt to shame him into compliance.

Nice job!!!

Which is which? Is the Axe Fx the 1st or 2nd example?

Edit- ran across the first example so I think I get it now. The refined version is noticeably better.

Last edited:
Holy shizzle Groovester, that sounds chewy as f$&k! I have to send this to my friend who plays through another modeler not worth mentioning and says these types of organic tones aren't possible with the axe. They are totally possible and far exceed what is possible with his unit. This is his type of tone to the letter so I can't wait to attempt to shame him into compliance.

Nice job!!!

Which is which? Is the Axe Fx the 1st or 2nd example?

Edit- ran across the first example so I think I get it now. The refined version is noticeably better.

Thank you kindly!

Back
Top Bottom