LPD Tone Clone Presets - '68 Marshall Plexi Super Lead Basketweave 4X12

groovenut

Power User
This is a very interesting way to do an amp match. Via recorded high res audio file. I dont have any idea what the control settings on the amp were, so I was really guessing here. I also did not play the first example in the video. That was from the original sound file. Guitar is a Gibson Les Paul with a Duncan JB. The tone is pretty spot on. The gain level is really close too. The only thing that might need a little more tweaking is the way the amp responds. You can hear it a little in the pick attack and growl of the mids. Ah well, so little time so much perfection :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Cool Lawrence! The first clip is absolutely righteous! The second clip is more stiff, like you said, the feel isn't quite there. I'm assuming the second clip is the Axe?

Yeah. Hopefully after Axe Fest I will get a chance to refine it more. Not quite happy with the results.

The first example sounds the closest a little over driven for my taste, (to fizzy on the top) but the clarity is there definitely sounds plexi very cool!.

The essence of the tone is there Groove but I hear more tube compression or something in the original file. This is exactly the type of sound I ran all through the 90's so I consider it a very cool sound indeed.

I agree. I am hoping to get it exact (of course) with a bit more tweaking of some of the advanced parameters. Transformer match and compression would be my first candidates for change. The original has more smearing of the notes. It's not as defined as the AxeFx example as has a bit more grrrrr in the low mids. I will be sure to post more samples as the tone progresses.... we'll make it an adventure shall we?!? :D

Back
Top Bottom