LPD Tone Clone - Pat Travers Cant Be Right / Snortin' Whiskey

groovenut

Power User
With this preset I matched both his live sound and the studio sound. Most of the available sound clips are of Pat Travers playing this live so I thought it would be cool to do both since I have the Crash and Burn disc as well. I used a separate Cab block for the live tone. Cab1 for live or Cab2 for studio tone. This is another of those immobilized flanger tones. It seemed quite popular in that era.

FLAC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdm19j0ytjo20l6/LPD Pat Travers Tone Clone.flac

I would like to thank Lawrence for his talent and tenacity. He recently created an amazing patch for me that has several of my friends/colleagues drooling. I highly recommend emailing him should you wish to have a unique patch to satisfy those tone chasing dreams! He is class act and tone personified!

Nice! Was this bad boy posted up ?

I would like to thank Lawrence for his talent and tenacity. He recently created an amazing patch for me that has several of my friends/colleagues drooling. I highly recommend emailing him should you wish to have a unique patch to satisfy those tone chasing dreams! He is class act and tone personified!

Again - fantastic! When you said 'immobilized flanger' is that anything like the old Quadraverb+ 'Fozen Flange'? If so - thank you, thank you, thank you!

On top of that, you nailed the playing as well. "Snortin' whiskey - drinkin' cocaine..." !

Pete

Again - fantastic! When you said 'immobilized flanger' is that anything like the old Quadraverb+ 'Fozen Flange'? If so - thank you, thank you, thank you!

On top of that, you nailed the playing as well. "Snortin' whiskey - drinkin' cocaine..." !

Pete
You know I dont know if that is the same as the old Quadraverb patch.... but I happen to have an original Quadraverb in my rack so I will fire it up and have a listen..... ah.... more stuff to tone match :D

You know I dont know if that is the same as the old Quadraverb patch.... but I happen to have an original Quadraverb in my rack so I will fire it up and have a listen..... ah.... more stuff to tone match :D

You know, for its day the Quadraverb and the Quad+ were both amazing beasts, but they really weren't all that quiet (well - mine wasn't but probably because of the EQ curve). I used to use one in the loop of my 1984 JCM-800 (2210) along with a DBX-166 compressor and a Rocktron Hush (II CX?) to keep the hiss under control. Sweetness, but loudness. I kicked the compressor in for solos so I could slam the EL-84's. Ahh - the Night Ranger days. These days I can barely play that stuff anymore.Tapping? More like tripping (and not the good kind) here ...

Pete

Hey there, I know I am late to the party here but can you repost this if you still have it? Would love to download into my AX8 (new user here). Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom