LPD Tone Clone Lesson S.A.T.O. Guitar Solo and Breakdown V10.x

groovenut

Power User
LPD Tone Clone Lesson Randy Rhoads S.A.T.O. Guitar Solo and Breakdown V10.x

Hey all!

Here is a Tone Clone of one of my favorite Randy Rhoads solos. This song is from the Ozzy Ozbourne album Diary Of A Madman. I went for an exact match on the rhythm tones, but for the solo tone I shot for something between his studio tone and his live tone. I personally think the studio tone has far too much phasing on it, caused either by the double tracking or it actually has a phaser on it or both :) At any rate, I double tracked it and put some phaser on it. I think it's close enough to pass muster, but I was not going for an exact match on the solo tone. Feel free to leave feedback if you like. Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Awesome video and scrolling tab. Some country-ish licks in there too. Great playing. Thanks Law!

Thanks guys!

If you get a chance check out some of the other lessons on the Sonoran Dog Studios YouTube channel and subscribe for updates. There's bass as well as guitar. All done with the AxeFx V10.x of course! (with the exception of the acoustic guitar, that was the acoustic guitar :) )

This is one of my favorite solos by Randy. His note choice through the changes makes it sound so interesting. You totally nailed the whole vibe! Excellent!

Thanks guys!

Randy is not an easy one to nail because of the way he attacks the notes and the double tracking. I greatly appreciate the compliments! :)

Back
Top Bottom