LPD Tone Clone - John Sykes / Whitesnake Preset On Axe-Change!

Groovenut, your tone says Tone Clone and no TM but there is a TM block in the patch and I notice a difference when I kick it in and out.

Groovenut, your tone says Tone Clone and no TM but there is a TM block in the patch and I notice a difference when I kick it in and out.

Yes there is a TM block in the patch and it should be activated to get the John Sykes tone. I just call all my matching presets Tone Clone. On some I use the TM block and on others I dont. It just depends on what sounds the best to me. There have been occasions, like the Van Halen You Really Got Me patch, that the TM block caused issues with the stereo spread (which is a huge part of why that tone sounds the way it does) so I wound up not using a TM block on that preset. Other times the TM block would sound too hollow or I couldn't get it to "sit right", so I wouldn't use it. I use whatever serves the best final tone.

I hope that answers you question!

Yes there is a TM block in the patch and it should be activated to get the John Sykes tone. I just call all my matching presets Tone Clone. On some I use the TM block and on others I dont. It just depends on what sounds the best to me. There have been occasions, like the Van Halen You Really Got Me patch, that the TM block caused issues with the stereo spread (which is a huge part of why that tone sounds the way it does) so I wound up not using a TM block on that preset. Other times the TM block would sound too hollow or I couldn't get it to "sit right", so I wouldn't use it. I use whatever serves the best final tone.

I hope that answers you question!

It sure does and I will re-engage it and play with it. The upload on Axechange says there is no Tone Match so that is partially why I was confused. Might be good to update that box to YES when you get a chance.

It sure does and I will re-engage it and play with it. The upload on Axechange says there is no Tone Match so that is partially why I was confused. Might be good to update that box to YES when you get a chance.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! Unfortunately, unless I am mistaken, there is no way to edit uploaded info or patches as yet. So it may have to wait.

Edit: I just had a look at the patch info on Axe-change and it tells me there is a label confirming Tone Match. Could you have a look and confirm for me?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! Unfortunately, unless I am mistaken, there is no way to edit uploaded info or patches as yet. So it may have to wait.

Edit: I just had a look at the patch info on Axe-change and it tells me there is a label confirming Tone Match. Could you have a look and confirm for me?

So there is bud, my bad. Was there a separate post of this that I could have looked at by accident? Anyway, my apologies.

Sounds killer through the HeadPhones.
Have to try it with the Band, sometimes ToneMatched presets sound good and you try it with the band and it sucks...
Thanks for the effort, I'll let you know after next band practice how it holds up.

Yes,
Most of this is due to good old Fletcher–Munson curve.
Before making your final tweaks to your tone, always remember to crank your volume up to the levels you play out with.
Otherwise your sound will probably be overwhelmed harsh.. too much upper and lower end.

200+ downloads from Axe-Change!

You guys must be lovin' on some John Sykes in a big big way!

Kick up some of your Sykes recordings guys, I wanna hear em!

Back
Top Bottom