LPD Tone Clone Hotel California Solo Both Parts One Gtr One Preset

groovenut

Power User
I had a YouTube request to update this preset (V6) to V14.x. I decided to rebuild it from the ground up using one guitar (Gibson Les Paul) and one preset. Scene one is Don Felder's solo part and tone, scene two is Joe Walsh's solo part and tone. On the recording I believe they both used the same amp but different guitars and effects. Felder is quoted as saying they used a Tweed Deluxe. He used a Les Paul and Walsh used a Tele. It's fairly difficult to get a Les Paul to sound like a Tele, there's just no twang or bite, but I think this gets close. I believe Felder has the "immobile flanger" thing from that era going on and Walsh has a phase 90 happening.

No TMA or special cab required, all factory stuff. There are filters for each tone, plus the change of effects.

Enjoy and leave some feedback once you've had a chance to try it out... oh and I highly recommend learning this solo if you haven't. It's a great phrase builder :)

Attachments

• LPD Hotel California.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to give it a proper try with volume and such, but it had a weird sluggish feeling to it when I was playing.

The Tweed Deluxe get pretty compressed when you run it hard enough to get the distortion present in the studio recording. Also the phaser tends to give a fairly diminished sense of attack as well. I didn't notice it being overly sluggish on mys system but it was pretty easy to play (compressed).

Thanks for the feedback! It helps me understand how my presets are translating on other systems.

You can try reducing the transformer match a bit. That may take some of the sluggish-ness away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great as always man! The harmony parts are way cool on that song. If I remember Mark Day did a vid using Logic to trigger the different parts though I can't remember if he posted the preset.

Fantastic as always Law!!!! U sharing this reminds me... do u still have the patch u made
for Rush on bass?? I remember u had a great video of it, and don't remember if u shared it.
If u do have it and don't mind passing it along Id love to play my Steinberger with it. Kinda in the
Rush mood again. Thanks for posting this tho!!

Yes!!!!! What u did sounded wonderful. I see u had posted your signal path but just with that I wasn't able
to come up with anything like u did. I love Geddys bass tones from that time period. I u wouldn't mind sharing it id
love to try it with bass. Thanks for replying!!!!!!!!

Thanks, groovenut.
So what FW version is this for, and does it actually matter what HW a person has, to use user presets? Are presets backwards compatible, and/or forward compatible?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom