LPD Tone Clone - George Lynch Wicked Sensation Preset!

Thanks man, been waiting for this one. :)

Can I hopefully assume that a redone for 7.0 John Sykes/Bad Boys patch is soon to follow?

Also remember guys, you have to have both user cab IRs for this preset to sound like it was intended.

Let me just ask you this so I don't have to start a separate thread and you seem to be something of an Axe-Fx II guru (and I only have about 3 weeks worth of time with mine so far): How do you change the user location for cab IRs for the Axe II? I know how to change the SysEx code for user cabs with the Axe Standard/Ultra and I assume it's something similar with the II, but I can't seem to find anything on the II's Wiki page (or here) that tells what digit in the code to change.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Let me just ask you this so I don't have to start a separate thread and you seem to be something of an Axe-Fx II guru (and I only have about 3 weeks worth of time with mine so far): How do you change the user location for cab IRs for the Axe II? I know how to change the SysEx code for user cabs with the Axe Standard/Ultra and I assume it's something similar with the II, but I can seem to find anything on the II's Wiki page (or here) that tells what digit in the code to change.

Thanks.
I am at a gig so I can't reply in detail but I will when I get home tonight

Let me just ask you this so I don't have to start a separate thread and you seem to be something of an Axe-Fx II guru (and I only have about 3 weeks worth of time with mine so far): How do you change the user location for cab IRs for the Axe II? I know how to change the SysEx code for user cabs with the Axe Standard/Ultra and I assume it's something similar with the II, but I can seem to find anything on the II's Wiki page (or here) that tells what digit in the code to change.

Thanks.

Okay. Open axe-edit. Open axe-manage. In axe-manage right click user cabs and select new view here. You should now have two seperate view windows. In the one on the left select cabs under axe-edit. Click/drag the downloaded user Cab IR into the left window (axe-edit\cabs). Now click/drag the user cab IR from the left window to the user cab slot you want in the right window (axefx\cabs). Right click the user cab IR in the right window and select send to AxeFx/selected cabs. Go to the preset in axe-edit. Select the cab block. In the cab menu drop down choose the user cab IR you just transferred. Repeat as necessary for the number of user cabs in the preset. Done.

I may do a video for this later to help folks out. Please let me know what you think of the preset (and these instructions) when you've had a chance to try it.

Thanks groovenut, I didn't know Axe-Edit had that page where you could drop the user IR's in the locations you want them. I just tried messing with it (without my Axe-Fx hooked up) and it seems pretty easy and simple. Will try and drag my Axe-Fx across the house to my computer and load your Lynch patch & cabs (plus many more I've been collecting) in the next day or two. The only thing preventing this now is sheer laziness on my part. :mrgreen

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom