LPD Tone Clone - George Lynch (Lynch Mob) Wicked Sensation

groovenut

Power User
I have been a fan of George Lynch since just before Breaking the Chains hit stores. I have always thought he had killer tone in his hands, an easily recognizable vibrato and chops to burn. I saw Dokken open up for Aerosmith at the Cow Palace in San Francisco in 1987. What a great show. I followed Dokken until George left and then followed Lynch Mob until the third album. I hesitantly picked up the latest disc, Smoke and Mirrors and was pleasantly surprised at how solid an album it is.

This is a short demo/comparison/guess which one video. It shouldn't be too hard as I dont have Mr Scary's hands or timing, but I think the tone is pretty spot on. Oh and it's standard tuned. The original is a half step down.

Let me know your thoughts!

I will post an extended version of just the AxeFx II tone in a day or so.

Last edited:
Example one sounds the best to me.

I agree.

I'm looking forward to this. Lynch is my favorite player, and I think the 'Wicked Sensation' album has some of his best overall work. I did a tone match (using theTone Match feature, not from scratch) from the stems of 'Dream Warriors' but wasn't really happy with the results. Would love to hear you do the tone from the 'Under Lock and Key' and especially the 'Back For The Attack' albums.

All the matches you have done so far have been excellent. Is there any chance you would be willing to share the overall approach and methodology you use when cloning a tone? I always feel like I'm missing the nuances that make a players tone what it is when I try to copy a player's tone from scratch.

Last edited:
WOW, Groovenut is the king of tone matching.
How about some VH1 tones and John Sykes Whitesnake 1987 tones.
IF you can do those two as well as Motley Crue's Feelgood tone match I'll put a healthy contribution in your paypal acct.
How about some Hendrix too?
Awesome Awesome job here on Lynch.

WOW, Groovenut is the king of tone matching.
How about some VH1 tones and John Sykes Whitesnake 1987 tones.
IF you can do those two as well as Motley Crue's Feelgood tone match I'll put a healthy contribution in your paypal acct.
How about some Hendrix too?
Awesome Awesome job here on Lynch.
Funny you should ask about Whitesnake. I was working on a patch this weekend and just got it finished.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...hn-sykes-bad-boys-still-night.html#post705704

Examples 1 and 4 are the same, and examples 2 and 3 are the same. 1 and 4 are the original from the album, 2 and 3 are the AxeFx II V6.02. It should have been easy to guess as I played the parts with a pretty different vibe than George does, especially the low string pedal.

Here is a Soundcloud of an extended version of my take

If you could do a tone sample of Lynch from some chords in his solo from Beast from the East, that would be amazing! That tone he uses there is probably the best I've ever heard. So amazing.

Back
Top Bottom